Deciding on insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ami_babi

Reaction score
I have just signed up with the guild student membership and noticed that full membership including insurance was £80 approx for £2mill insurance, you get a badge so that it is recognised (i really like this idea), advertising of your salon, newsletters etc and a few extra things,

How is Proffesional Beauty in comparison as i went to the website and couldnt seem to find much info on it. All i could see was its half the price for the same £ insurance cover.

I am with salon gold, cover nails and most aspects of beauty (exc electrical) it was cheaper than both you mentioned and also insured up to £2m.Hth x

Thankyou ill look into that one too :)

I'm a student and am looking into the insurance side. I'm currently covered under my college's insurance when I am treating clients there but when practicing at home I'm not covered. Which is the best?for my needs?

Professonal beauty do insurance for nail treatments costing about £35 and this gives you 2mill public liability cover hth

Professonal beauty do insurance for nail treatments costing about £35 and this gives you 2mill public liability cover hth

I'm a student and am looking into the insurance side. I'm currently covered under my college's insurance when I am treating clients there but when practicing at home I'm not covered. Which is the best?for my needs?

The only problem is professional beauty do not do cover for students, i rang them last friday for my insurance , but they said they do not cover whilst in training!! so i opted for the guild, as they allow me to pay for student membership them upgrade to full once ive completed my course, HTHs tweekie

hi

if you go through ANT, you get insurance and a years subscription to scratch magazine, its not expensive and there a lots of other bits to like badge, window sticker, pens, free listing in directory. check the net. it may be ANT.co.uk, not sure, its ANT, association of nail techs

Don't just look at the cost and the amount of cover e.g. £35 for a £2million cover. You need to look at exactly what it covers.

If you are mobile, does it cover your kit and stock; does it cover accidental damage to property; what, exactly, are the requirements in order to be covered and on and on.........

It does give me concerns sometimes (because I was very involved in arranging insurance policies for technicians some years ago). We all know that insurance companies will not pay out unless they have to. Some type of qualification is required and this is a very grey area. If the policy comes as part of a 'membership' arrangement, appropriate qualifications may not be suitably approved and could be a reason for insurers not to pay out.

We are lucky in this country that this has not been tested very often as not many people sue in our industry. This gives us a slightly unreal situation where technicians feel safe with any insurance policy. It will only take a 'test' that goes wrong!

I don't meant to act like the 'grim reaper'!!! Just realistic

Thanks for the info. I think I will wait till I'm more qualified before getting insurance. I'm only practicing on my close friends and family and I'm sure they won't sue me.

Just to say that the ANT membership for students is upgradeable to Silver & Gold at which point insurance is available from £37.50. If you join as a student then you just need to prove your training and pay to upgrade your membership.

The ANT website is Professional Beauty - For All Your Beauty Needs - ANT Homepage or call Rachel or me to discuss membership on the ANT hotline (details on the webpage)

HTH

Sue

well looks like i was misinformed then, i rang professional beauty and they told me unequivically that they do not insure students and now it seems they do and a damn site cheaper than what ive paid!! mind you if the people on the phone dont even know who they insure then maybe if you had a claim or query they would be just as misinformed?i dont know whether to stay with guild more money (but very happy with customer service etc) or go with cheaper option, no i know im staying where i am, they very helpful and professional, so ill stick with em lol

xx

Has anyone ever claimed on their insurance. Its not the amount you pay but the help you get when you need it.

DOH!!!!

Apologies - misinformation!!!!!

The ANT insurance is from £34.50. Sorry anyone that took this information. It is £37.50 for non-members. Was having a bit of a dim moment Sunday night and all that. Back on it now tho'.

Sue

hi iv been reading all the post's on insurance but could any1 tell me just what i need from my cover and is this insurance att where u get the badge an everything all u need to be a mobile nail tec or do u also need public liability insurance on top of that and can you pick any name u want for your bussiness or do you have to check that no1 elce has the same name ect.

sorry with all the questions but i really only now how to apply nails and nail art everything ecle is beyond me help........:confused:its imbarasing really .

Latest posts

Back