Decision....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Jo

Reaction score
Hi Pepes! Hope you have all been well this last week, I was sunning myself in Fuerteventura which was lovely and some of those Spanish blokes are verrrry easy on the eye! ;) I was with my blokey though so could only take sneeky peeks!! :D Whilst out there and relaxing I came to a decision, it just sort of 'hit' me one day (and no not after one too many sangrias!)... I don't think full time nails is for me... :shock: I have spent the last few months trying hard to make it work and have a few very good clients, with the whole salon fiasco which has drained me financially and in the last month alone 3 new salons opened in town I just don't have the mental or physical energy to go on!! I wanted to pass the CND foundation to prove to myself I'm not pants at nails and I will still continue to do nails as a 'hobby' but as far as a career is concerned I just can't see me going on with it, I need the 'comfort' of a regular income (Geeg don't shout at me for saying that :) ) I wish sooooo much I had found this web site before starting up my business and I could have saved myself alot of heartache and money! Anyway... I now have the great task of putting together my CV and putting that suit back on! I'll still be here chatting etc just not as a 'go getter nail tech' :( Anyhoo thought I'd let you know. Jxxx

Jo JO

sawasdee ka i want to tell you some thing when sar come to asia no toursit come to Thailand and so no body have customer and Thai people no have customer so them can not spend any money no body have customer no body have money .

My shop 1 day take 260 baht and 300 and to open shop i have to have 1700 baht 1 day and for 3 month i make lose and think maybe i have to give key shop to owner because no rent and electric .

But wiith help from family and good wish from friend i good now and i happy i not give key back i think if you want in your heart to try you can i wish stay with your shop .

If some body can help you try and keep shop because b4 when you open you want .

sit write every ting money go out and try think way for keep shop and i hope you can come very good for you .

I hope some body can help you .

Kop khun ka mui ka

:( Sorry to hear that Jo Jo. It would really be a shame to give it up but no doubt you've really thought about it. Is there anyway you could do it on a part time basis instead of just having it as a hobby?

It would be a shame to lose your good clients and I'm sure they would be disapointed if they had to go else where. Afterall there must be reason why they are coming to you and not the other three salons in town eh!! :D Are the new salons in town reducing your custom?

Far be it for me to say as I'm only just starting out myself :oops: But if you really love to do nails is there no way you could perhaps get a part time job and continue to nails the rest of the time. You could have the best of both worlds then :D regular income with one job and doing something you love with the other. It might help you to build up a regular client base if you haven't already got enough bods coming to you. Maybe you haven't given it enough time? But then I don't know how long you've been in business. I'm sure Geeg and others could offer some advice if you're feeling unsure about anything. Maybe having a salon isn't for you? Try working from home or going mobile maybe but still doing some other job?

Anyway all the best and sorry that you've found it a bit much :( But don't give up!! If its something you looooove then that would be such a shame. Besides its always hard starting out and I'm sure there will be loads who can tell you how they coped with the early days. I know I would love to hear as well actually from all those who have battled through!!

xx Tamm

Hi Tamm & Mui,

Thanks for your replies, unfortunately with the way things are financially right now I can't afford to do part time, I'm carrying on with my clients until I get a good job but as a PA I can earn as much as I need to! I will be doing nails on the side, I'd be daft not to but I don't have the inclination to carry on right now, the job just isn't what I thought it would be and I'm not enjoying it, my nails however will continue to look fantastic!! ;) Jxxx

Sawasdee ka tamm

I look already jo profile she have many training and now have creative .

Some times every thing hard and you have worry when you start but then when come you need friend and family stay with you .
before when things no good geeg help me and speak me and make me strong when speak me and family and friend help me same same i happy now i not close shop .

kop khun ka mui ka

Jo Jo said:
I will be doing nails on the side, I'd be daft not to but I don't have the inclination to carry on right now, the job just isn't what I thought it would be and I'm not enjoying it, my nails however will continue to look fantastic!! ;) Jxxx

arrr Jo I really feel for you. You sound disapointed :( Don't worry when things have settled i.e. you've got yourself another job then I'm sure your enthusiasm will return. I know sometimes when you go into something new that you can have all this romantic notions of what its going to be like and more often than not its the horrible stuff that you discover first! I'm trying to be frank with myself too as I've yet to taste the ups and downs of it all.

Besides if you really are not enjoying it then its defeating the object isn't it. :( Its good that you are going to keep at in some degree, more at a level you can cope with and bring back the enjoyment for you.

You never know at some point you may find that you can't resist giving it all another go. You just need to ease back for a bit. Finances don't help much do they!! When it comes down to having to think about that and not the enjoyment of what you do then a reassessment is needed and that is what you have done. You'll get back if you want to don't worry. Maybe you jumped in head first a bit too quickly.

I think that what you are doing is probably the best thing if you really are finding it too much. Doing it more as a hobby will renew your love for it and you will find that even if you never go full time with it you will continue to love and enjoy it and thats what its all about.

Don't feel you have failed. You've learned valuable lessons and perhaps made mistakes that you won't make again if a second time comes around and you'll be better prepared next time. You've done something I've yet to take on so you've done well, even though you've had to decide its not for you at this time. You've gained experience and tackled running a business which is to be commended.

Take care and keep your chin up. :flower:

xx Tamm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back