Deep tissue massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Hi all wondering if you could help im struggling to find a deep tissue massage routine that i like, any chance anyone could post the method they do theirs, i want to try out as many as possible!!

Thanks in advance!! xx

always wondered what a deep tissue massage is? also manual lymphatic drainage?

as far as I'm concerned (and I more than happy to be corrected) these are just names for some of the massage techniques that you get in any GOOD massage.

you could try and get advice from someone who has done sports massage they seem to be a lot deeper than normal massage.

Deep tissue usually uses the same movements as Swedish but with firmer pressure. I don't use a particular routine. I go by feel.

Depending on what the client feels like determines what I do - whether I have them sit, lay on their side, on their belly etc. Usually when doing the consult I'll have them stand in front of me while I examine them front on, side on and back on to check for any differences - dropped shoulders, rounders shoulders, curvature of the spine etc, then give then a bit of a poke or prod in certain areas to feel what's going on and then decide what to do from there. Usually if they've got neck or shoulder problems I'll get them to sit and do some shiatsu before getting them to lay on their belly or vice versa.

Most of the work I do I class as remedial or sports massage. I use all sorts of techniques depending on the client so when clients ring and ask what I do I tell them I do mostly sports or remedial but it depends entirely on the client and what is wrong with them.

So I'm not much help for a routine as every massage I do is different depending on the client. I let their body guide me.

always wondered what a deep tissue massage is? also manual lymphatic drainage?

as far as I'm concerned (and I more than happy to be corrected) these are just names for some of the massage techniques that you get in any GOOD massage.

yep that is true, its just there are different moves that are specifically designed for deep tissue massage, ways of manouvering the body to get in a lot deeper. I trained originally for deep tissue with elemis and they were fab it was completely different to a normal massage, they really focus on pressure points using their elbows to get in, which are really really deep, thats all i was after was if anyone had any tips that could change a normal massage into a very deep tissue massage! thanks xx

Latest posts

Back