Deepest brown spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
Hi,

We are using a minimist for spray tans.

I have seen the tantrick and celebrity secrets soloution.

The tan can be a bit yellow (to goldeny) or dare I say orangey...
I have seen other peoples who can even look a bit grey!!!:irked:

Is there any soloutions you lot can recommend that give a much deeper / darker shade of brown colour?
:green:
Thanks

I use naturasun, and they do about 10 shades! My favorite is D+E which is a darkish brown. but very natural looking. They also do a REALLY dark tan called after dark which is more chocolatey. Im sure you will like them and they do send out samples. HTH!:)

I use naturasun, and they do about 10 shades! My favorite is D+E which is a darkish brown. but very natural looking. They also do a REALLY dark tan called after dark which is more chocolatey. Im sure you will like them and they do send out samples. HTH!:)
Could you give me a contact number or web site address please?
Much appreciated, sounds like it's well worth a look.

i thought the tan went 'orange' when u used too high a dha for the clients skin type?

Am i wrong?

Never had anything but a gorgeous golden colour with tantrick:green:

Amb xxx

found it on google... cheers

Hi
The best tan by far is Fantasy Tan, I use their chocolate or sunset bliss solutions they are amazing, really deep but a nice even brown tan and they wear off really well, I have tried everything in my salon but my clients love Fantasy Tan and request it the most.

Hope you give this a try you'll be happy you did.

found it on google... cheers

also - not sure if you are going to professional beauty at gmex (as i note your from manchester) but if you are......there should be lots of tanning companies there who you could get samples off to find the colour your looking for.

amb x

I've also been testing Naturasun lately and love the colours. I also make sure I carry a solution that can be darkened by drops as opposed to being in fixed percentages and then you can really tailor it to the clients skin tone and needs.

i thought the tan went 'orange' when u used too high a dha for the clients skin type?

Am i wrong?

Never had anything but a gorgeous golden colour with tantrick:green:

Amb xxx
we have tried a few %'s on the same person... example:

8% - to light, didn't look especially tanned.

10% - OK, could tell they were tanned not a deep colour though for those who like to be nice and brown like the real sun or a sunbed tan.

12% - ginger bread man, LOL

Maybe this person just has not got the best genetic's for spray tanning but I still think there must be something out there, deff gonna give the Naturasun ppl a call.

we have tried a few %'s on the same person... example:

8% - to light, didn't look especially tanned.

10% - OK, could tell they were tanned not a deep colour though for those who like to be nice and brown like the real sun or a sunbed tan.

12% - ginger bread man, LOL

Maybe this person just has not got the best genetic's for spray tanning but I still think there must be something out there, deff gonna give the Naturasun ppl a call.

i've never dared use my 12% have thought about trying it sneakily on my husband telling him its only 8% :green: :green:

also - not sure if you are going to professional beauty at gmex (as i note your from manchester) but if you are......there should be lots of tanning companies there who you could get samples off to find the colour your looking for.

amb x
I think we will be going, depends how busy we are.
I hope we can make it.

I only opened to the public Monday... broke even 1st day, so far today has been quiet though.
We only have a temp sign up so that isn't helping.
I have just flyer'd all the cars in Tesco and the local precinct so I hope that raises awareness a bit.

Yup Amber you are right, your skin can only take a certain percentage of DHA before the tango effect kicks in. That's why a good consultation is so important. If you try using a 12% on anyone of a skin type 3 and under then you are risking them having to change their name to Satsuma! Besides I think trying to go darker than you would if you went in the sun would make you look really odd.

i'll post a pic of kumkwat ROB when i do it !

lmao:green:

Hi i use Su DO and find it just looks as if youv'e been away for 2 weeks in the sun.

yeeeeees, there are quite a few shades of all over nicotine stains to choose from :)
the best one i have ever seen is called "bonza bronze" sounds pretty ozzie, so maybe it's only available in Aus.

naturasun are going to send me some samples on friday.

you have the DHA % but then what is the stuff these companies put in the "intensity drops" like tantrick have?

No point adding DHA as that just increases the ginger bread effect, but do the drops increase the brown colour pigment or sommat? whats in em????

The drops generally are DHA...and yes too many drops will look too orangey, but it allows you to go inbetween %'s in many cases, if one is too dark and one is too light.

I also have a couple of clients with naturally mediterranean skins...who I think look lovely and dark anyway, but come summer they want to go darker and even 12% doesn't really do it for them. So we have intensified the solutions further.

I have a few clients who have Tantrick 12%, and it doesn't go orangey at all.

I do think it depends on the client's skin though.

I have to agree.. its down to the clients natural skin type to whether they can take the 12% or not. I have two weekly top up clients who have 12% every week and they are very dark brown not orange.

Sun spa have a deep bronze which is fab - I have been using sun spa products for 5 years - no one has gone orange yet.

Latest posts

Back