Deepest brown spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tantrick drops do not contain DHA and they only provide and additional bronze to the guide colour, so it's just temporary until the guide colour is showered off.

Other companies such as Celebrity Secrets do offer DHA drops to enhance the solutions but IMO you can mix your own from the solutions you have ie equal portions of 8% and 10% will give you a 9% or there abouts, although I've never had the desire or need to do this, I have enough solutions and client consult to suit my needs!

I use Bali Sun. I've had samples from many other companies but I've not liked any other as much (yet). I've never had any complaints and have a lot of regular clients.
Not bad I suppose, considering I didn't want to do spray tanning:lol:

Thanks for the replies.

If all the tan soloutions are based on DHA, can differant companies really get differant results colour wise?
I know the application can be better or worse depending on the carrier but I am talking about the colour?

What say you?

Some solutions also use Erythrulose as well as DHA which has a different effect. The resultant tan depends on the makeup of the solution and the quantities of differnt products used in it.

Erythrulose

Erythrulose and dihydroxyacetone are very similar in composition, and both react much the same way on the skin surface. Erythrulose produces a lighter and slower developing tan, taking 24 to 48 hours to complete development. When used alone, it fades faster than a DHA based sunless tan. Some people feel the final tone of erythrulose is slightly redder, and less bronze, than the DHA based tan. It may be less drying to the skin surface, helping provide a smoother fading tint. When combined with DHA, the resulting sunless tan is said to last longer, fade better, and provide a more cosmetically pleasing color tone. In sunless tanning products, it is incorporated at 1% to 3% levels

Do you know which solutions contain both dha and eurythulose?

Do you know which solutions contain both dha and eurythulose?

I know Rejuvetan do, and Beau Bronz - but only in Bronz Forever.

naturasun do, they are sending me some samples out on friday and very nice people to deal with.
coco bay from sunquest does also.
my GF also trained with creams like fake bake and st. tropez and these both contain DHA and Erythrulose and the fake bake is around the sort of colour I think I am looking for.

I have just phoned upto speak to st. tropez about there spray tanning soloutions and there knowledge of there products is appauling and the sales rep on the other end of the line was messing about with her mate so much she could hardly speak to me.

I wanted to know if all the soloutions from all manufacturers were based on mainly DHA, the how can they physically achieve differant colours if it's exactly the same chemical compound?
I know the carrier liquid can make the application easier or harder or better or worse but as of yet I don't know how they achieve differant colours (not the differant intenssty of the same shade as I know this is done through the % of DHA).

All I got out of them was, well our product is natural so I can not speak for other companies!!!
Arrrggghhh, what use is that? Didn't answer my question at all, was basically just a fob off.

I think St. Tropez are that well known they don't think they need little insignificate small salon owners like me as customers.
They won't be getting my business that's for sure.

I think St. Tropez are that well known they don't think they need little insignificate small salon owners like me as customers.

You are very right about naturasun - the solution that carires Erythrulose is cslled D&E plus.

I have left a card and enquiry with ST Tropez at 3 trade shows now, asking for them to send me a sample and some info on their spray tanning solutions. They have never responded - so, yes I guess we are not of interest to them! But what goes around comes around....thats what I say!!!:wink2:

I know Sienna Sun from STCC and Fake Bake contain both.

AYU International also has a DHA and Eurythulose combo. I think also maybe Celebrity Secrets. It doesnt suit everyone. It can sometimes fade badly depending on the product. HTH

naturasun do, they are sending me some samples out on friday and very nice people to deal with.
coco bay from sunquest does also.
my GF also trained with creams like fake bake and st. tropez and these both contain DHA and Erythrulose and the fake bake is around the sort of colour I think I am looking for.

I have just phoned upto speak to st. tropez about there spray tanning soloutions and there knowledge of there products is appauling and the sales rep on the other end of the line was messing about with her mate so much she could hardly speak to me.

I wanted to know if all the soloutions from all manufacturers were based on mainly DHA, the how can they physically achieve differant colours if it's exactly the same chemical compound?
I know the carrier liquid can make the application easier or harder or better or worse but as of yet I don't know how they achieve differant colours (not the differant intenssty of the same shade as I know this is done through the % of DHA).

All I got out of them was, well our product is natural so I can not speak for other companies!!!
Arrrggghhh, what use is that? Didn't answer my question at all, was basically just a fob off.

I've tried Cocobay but I wasn't very happy with the smell of it tbh.

yeah my GF's old salon used to use the machine, it never seems very good to be honest.

the balisun or sunlab I think they used after wasn't too bad but not perfect.
a lot of that could have been the application through a normal compressor and a HVLP gun... rather than the proper turbine (only guessing at that bit though)

I find Sienna Sun available from the Spray Tan Cubicle Company is fab!
It lasts really well too. They actually go up to a 12.5% DHA whereas most other companies only carry up to 12%.

visit Spray Tanning : The Spray Tan Cubicle Company

or e-mail me as I use it myself and swear by it.
:lol:

I have used the Tantrick 12% on a few clients, it has never looked orange, only a deep dark colour.

I have had lots of spray tan solutions in the last few weeks, and have chosen Fantasy, chocolate and Celebrity Glow, Lisa at Ergoline is also offering The twinkle tan or Bridal Tan foc if you purchase two of the solutions.xx

I done Mal in 12% last week and he was, well........ Looking like a tw*t.:Scared:

He went right mad at me, he was orange, patchy and just looked terrible! I did give him streaks on his back on purpose cause he was doing my head in all day!!!! :D

He done me in 12% and I looked fine, he tends to spray lighter than me, he moves quicker too.

xx

I done Mal in 12% last week and he was, well........ Looking like a tw*t.:Scared:

He went right mad at me, he was orange, patchy and just looked terrible! I did give him streaks on his back on purpose cause he was doing my head in all day!!!! :D

He done me in 12% and I looked fine, he tends to spray lighter than me, he moves quicker too.

xx

ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use naturasun, and they do about 10 shades! My favorite is D+E which is a darkish brown. but very natural looking. They also do a REALLY dark tan called after dark which is more chocolatey. Im sure you will like them and they do send out samples. HTH!:)

Have to say I agree as just trained with Naturasun (formally Fantasy Tan -split in March 2005) & they are fab!!:)

Couture tanning solution contains both DHA and Erythulose, but only in 8% ands 10% some people like to look very brown when sprayed and this is normally down to the guide colour initially, then they are upset when its washed off, but the only way to make your skin browner is with the percentage of dha, like most people have said it is normally down to the clients skin and how it reacts.
You are doing the correct thing by asking for samples from every company, but remember to try them on the same skin so you can compare the colour,

Debbie Easter
Creative Nail Academy Manchester
Couture - tanning solutions and tan equipment

Couture tanning solution contains both DHA and Erythulose, but only in 8% ands 10% some people like to look very brown when sprayed and this is normally down to the guide colour initially, then they are upset when its washed off, but the only way to make your skin browner is with the percentage of dha, like most people have said it is normally down to the clients skin and how it reacts.
You are doing the correct thing by asking for samples from every company, but remember to try them on the same skin so you can compare the colour,

Debbie Easter
Creative Nail Academy Manchester
Couture - tanning solutions and tan equipment

That's a good point - testing lots of samples properly though could take ages!

Isn't adding DHA drops to a solution more costly? Wouldn't it be better to just find a solution that does the job?

Recieved some samples from Naturasun need to get them patch tested.

I got some from Couture as well... will see how they test, bit bothered by not having a 12% available as half of our clients go with 12% or 10% we rarely use the 8% TBH.

Latest posts

Back