Defending myself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangeball

Reaction score
Hello

I thought that I should say something here to defend myself.

I AM more than willing to pay for my g/f to get Brisa gels and have them maintained ad infinitum, so right away someone is wrong! My g/f doesn't want me to spend that amount of money on her nails and so we discussed and came up with the idea of trying it ourselves, chepaer in the long run. We are not claiming to do as well as a NT, but we do believe we can make it look nice and almost certainly get better at it as time goes by. It's not a pathetic certificate that makes a NT good, it's their experience. Anyway, why should we have to settle for some ****ty Boots gel kit when we are prepared to spend more for quality?

I get the same "attitude" from all nail techs out there. You all seem to have this chip on your shoulders about people not respecting NT's. At the slightest mention of someone perhaps doing their own nails then you take it as a personal insult. I think I know why. You are afraid. Afraid that people might discover that performing nail enhancements themselves is not at all that difficult. If people do realise this, then the NT is in danger of losing £££ and perhaps their job, oh dear!

Now, I am not one of the majority who thinks that the NT is obsolete. However, I do disagree that the NT is the only one who can handle professional nail products. Why should the ordinary consumer have to choose the cheap product? The hair industry does not work this way, why should the nail industry?

I have been told that these products can be unsafe in untrained hands. Well I say to them that if these professional products can be unsafe, then it stands to reason that the Argos/Boots cheap versions would not be any more safe.

I pose the question, why is it that it is ok for anyone to purchase a cheap gel nail kit from Boots but not to use professional products?? Do these professional products explode if not handled correctly? Are the Boots gels easy peasy to apply and the pro product extremely difficult?? (I think not. In fact, I believe it would be easier to apply a professional product because of the enhanced quality inherent to it.) If there has been so much R+D towards Brisa then they will not be so impossibly difficult to implement.

As far as safety goes, I work in a laboratory and am qualified to handle substances that no NT will ever be allowed to go near! So don't patronise me.

I tell you this also, I am NOT a problem to CND. After all, my money is just as good to them as any other poor sap. If any business alienated the general public then it would be doomed, plain and simple.

Another thing. No one on the forum has offered to sell me any Brisa gels. I don't understand this where ther hell that came from. From the mind of some twisted person no doubt trying to add spice to the saga. Twats!

Next point, phew!, with the Brisa kits there is a step by step guide. With a cheap Boots kit, there is a step by step guide. The principles are identical, the implementation identical, the end result depends on two things, the skill of the person applying it and the quality of the product. So if people can get results with Boots(which they are allowed to buy) then they can get results with BRISA. All they have to do is follow the guide in the kit. I have done plenty of reading on the subjest also, so I am not complete raw and unaware.

But at the end of the day, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY! so quit whining and live and let live.

ps - I have found a way to get the BRISA gels, though NOT via this forum ok conspirators!! I just hope that if I produce images of beautiful nails from my g/f then you will eat your words. I am prepared to do the same if it goes the other way.

Thank you.

Hi Paul.
Although i wasn't part of the previous thread, I would like to comment on your post. I have to disagree with you regarding selling these products to the general public, Because people could open salons and be applying cnd or other professional products without any training. Its like taking your car to a garage and some one who has never been near a car fixing it(hope you get my point). When a person is expecting a professional job then they need a professional doing it.
On your saying that the general public can do nails just as good as any tech :confused: Yeah some can and will, I have nothing against people doing their own nails if thats what they want, But not every one can do them on themselves (that includes some nail techs).
I could perm my hair at home if i wanted, But the results could be awful and even dangerous, So professional products are called that because they are made for professionals who are trained to use them.
Boots nail kits are diy kits for people to do at home, Professional products arn't.

Sounds to me like us mere nail technicians aren`t the ones with chips to carry!!!!!!!!

I can cook well but it doesnt make me Gordon Ramsay does it??? People like you make me laugh. Nobody is saying that having a certificate makes us better at the application, what it does say is that we have been trained by professionals and know how to deal with the product properly. Would you like us coming into your laboratory and having a little dabble with your chemicals?? I think not so why do you think its okay to dabble in our industry?

I have to but in here. i have spent a lot of money training and it irks me that you can come along with the attitude that we are only thinking about the bucks!! this is not true i aspire to be better to give a good service. you can go and buy other 'professional'products which other companies sell to the untrained - however you have been told on here a few times i belive, that creative do not sell to the untrained yet still you have the disrespect for our profession! Yep you can buy hair products but not the 'professional' kind - just the ones from boots!!! same as nail products!!! i am sure you can get good results from the rio kits and they are cheaper - isnt that what you are about - getting it as cheap as possible for your girlfriend - if you wanted the best for her you would send her to a trained creative technician on a regular basis!

Orangeball wrote :Hello

I thought that I should say something here to defend myself.

I AM more than willing to pay for my g/f to get Brisa gels and have them maintained ad infinitum, so right away someone is wrong! My g/f doesn't want me to spend that amount of money on her nails and so we discussed and came up with the idea of trying it ourselves, chepaer in the long run. We are not claiming to do as well as a NT, but we do believe we can make it look nice and almost certainly get better at it as time goes by. It's not a pathetic certificate that makes a NT good, it's their experience. Anyway, why should we have to settle for some ****ty Boots gel kit when we are prepared to spend more for quality?
The pathetic as you call it Certificate is proof that we have taken the relavant courses and have the relavant education, to use professional products in a very safe way...........and then with 100's of hours of practicing produce eventualy a beautiful set of enhancements..........
The reason it would be best to use a Boots or Argos kit is the saftey issue, these kits have products that are not salon standard of strength....

I get the same "attitude" from all nail techs out there. You all seem to have this chip on your shoulders about people not respecting NT's. At the slightest mention of someone perhaps doing their own nails then you take it as a personal insult. I think I know why. You are afraid. Afraid that people might discover that performing nail enhancements themselves is not at all that difficult. If people do realise this, then the NT is in danger of losing £££ and perhaps their job, oh dear!
Yes it is not that hard, but hey it's not that hard for us because we learned how to do it properly and not over exposed ourselfs and then ended up with long term skin problems and allergies................
Am I worried about loosing my job, no , because people like you keep me in my job, I sort out more home D.I.Y. disasters then pingers or breakages...........

Now, I am not one of the majority who thinks that the NT is obsolete. However, I do disagree that the NT is the only one who can handle professional nail products. Why should the ordinary consumer have to choose the cheap product? The hair industry does not work this way, why should the nail industry?

Oh yes really??? when was the last time you went to a hairdressers and asked for 6% volume bleach and a Wella shade 6.6.............
Because you can do her job just as well as she does............
Again Hairdressers send a lot of time putting home hair D.I.Y. disasters right.....Again its people like you that keep our earnings just that little higher .... cheers x

I have been told that these products can be unsafe in untrained hands. Well I say to them that if these professional products can be unsafe, then it stands to reason that the Argos/Boots cheap versions would not be any more safe.
Kits like theses have been industry tested and deemed fit for home use.......
Professional products have not, without proper Technical education.............

I pose the question, why is it that it is ok for anyone to purchase a cheap gel nail kit from Boots but not to use professional products?? Do these professional products explode if not handled correctly? Are the Boots gels easy peasy to apply and the pro product extremely difficult?? (I think not. In fact, I believe it would be easier to apply a professional product because of the enhanced quality inherent to it.) If there has been so much R+D towards Brisa then they will not be so impossibly difficult to implement.
Again the only way you can make a professional product, produce professional results and that inlcudes the knowledge of product chemistry, is by having a sound understanding of what each component in the chosen system should and will do.............and situation where it wont and could be hazzarousto your own health........

As far as safety goes, I work in a laboratory and am qualified to handle substances that no NT will ever be allowed to go near! So don't patronise me.
Ok so you are qualified to handle substances, then you should know the importance of education............You can't tell me that you just walk in off the street and started working there without any training or education ???
I appreciate that you can handle substances that are hazzardous and we wouldn't be allowed to go near them......
That is because you are the professional there and I wouldn't dream of trying to do your job as a D.I.Y hobby as I wouldn't have a clue or the relavant education.............

I tell you this also, I am NOT a problem to CND. After all, my money is just as good to them as any other poor sap. If any business alienated the general public then it would be doomed, plain and simple.
CND is not a company that has to rely on the general public to buy their products. It is a company that sells products to professional people , to do a professional job.
The same as a chemical manufacturer does not have to rely on the public to buy the induvidual components to manufacture their own Nail enamels for example.

Another thing. No one on the forum has offered to sell me any Brisa gels. I don't understand this where ther hell that came from. From the mind of some twisted person no doubt trying to add spice to the saga. Twats![/qoute]

This Forum is for Professional and training Technicians..........
This Forum promotes edcuation and all saftey aspects of our industry......
It is for professionals using professional Products..... solving troubleshooting areas, because even trained professionals have problems at times with a system....
Help and advice is given by professionals to other professionals............
You will find that all the Technicians on here are well educated and skilled people, we take this industry and our place in it very serious......So if that makes us TWATS then at least it makes us educated and responsible TWATS!!!!!

Next point, phew!, with the Brisa kits there is a step by step guide. With a cheap Boots kit, there is a step by step guide. The principles are identical, the implementation identical, the end result depends on two things, the skill of the person applying it and the quality of the product. So if people can get results with Boots(which they are allowed to buy) then they can get results with BRISA. All they have to do is follow the guide in the kit. I have done plenty of reading on the subjest also, so I am not complete raw and unaware.
The Brisa Gel is nothing like the other Gels, it has been patented and is different in application. So, I don't think, in fact I know, a simple little booklet on how to do it, will not be enough..............
I have been a Gel Techncian for over 13 years and I still took the Brisa Course, as this Gel system is very different , it is not like other Gels.......

But at the end of the day, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY! so quit whining and live and let live.
Yep thats so true, but then also let us use this quote............ So stop whining about a product that you wont be able to buy from Desinger Nails as a non Technician................and let us live and do what we do best..........Professional Nails in a professional way.............

ps - I have found a way to get the BRISA gels, though NOT via this forum ok conspirators!! I just hope that if I produce images of beautiful nails from my g/f then you will eat your words. I am prepared to do the same if it goes the other way.

Conspirators, yep we conspire to uphold the standard of our industry xxx

Thank you.
JMHO on this
Right off to have a drink now........
But will look forward to the pictures............

This qualifies as one of the silliest threads I have seen on here since... well... the ol nag days.

You have accomplished nothing more than demonstrating your ignorance on several subjects. If you do work in a lab around dangerous substances, then I can only assume that it is as a test subject because your respect for potentially hazardous substances is at an astonishly low level.
The types of systems you get at Boots are vanilla systems with low level sensitizers in them. Sure they are potentially hazardous... but not nearly as much as pro grade stuff.

In the meantime....

*yawn*

Im over this thread (and I just got here).

I think ill lock it just to stop the obvious flaming that is only just begining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back