Definate problem with zone 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
A little while ago i posted a thread about havin problems with zone 3 being shiney after applying l&p have tried evrything and still had same problem with same client in zone 3 is it me am i doin somethin wrong am at wits end any more suggestions lpz

When you say shiney is that after doing a fullset or a reballance? What L&P do you use?

Hi Talented Talons It has been when i have done a r/b and a full set i use only creative products

sequinto said:
A little while ago i posted a thread about havin problems with zone 3 being shiney after applying l&p have tried evrything and still had same problem with same client in zone 3 is it me am i doin somethin wrong am at wits end any more suggestions lpz

Sorry, but yes it is you, and yes you are doing something wrong, because otherwise it would not be this way.

I can't see you working. Shine on the nail in zone 3 means there is no product and the nail has reacted to the monomer only. It also means you are working too wet and then drawing the product away from the zone.

Call your trainer and have her look at your mix ratio and your work. You can only learn so much from a site. What about attending the MOnday Mentoring session. You are floundering and you need help so go and get it, it is available.

After what Geeg said it brought back to me something i used to do. As geeg said you are probably working too wet and then when you apply it to zone 3 you are probably wiping too much away so to keep it thin. I used to do the same thing also. You barely leave any product behind so its then virtually non existant.

Try picking up a small bead, but if it is always too wet, (you will know this as there will be a wet ring around your product as you place it on the nail.) Then pick up a bead you are comfortable with, place it on zone 3, then push around the edge of the cuticle not getting any product on the skin, then wipe away the remainder in a downward motion. You can always practise usng a plastic sheet by picking up beads of different sizes etc and see how they are.

Hope this makes sense, only practise will make you improve. The more you do it the better you will become.:)

talented talons said:
After what Geeg said it brought back to me something i used to do. As geeg said you are probably working too wet and then when you apply it to zone 3 you are probably wiping too much away so to keep it thin. I used to do the same thing also. You barely leave any product behind so its then virtually non existant.

Try picking up a small bead, but if it is always too wet, (you will know this as there will be a wet ring around your product as you place it on the nail.) Then pick up a bead you are comfortable with, place it on zone 3, then push around the edge of the cuticle not getting any product on the skin, then wipe away the remainder in a downward motion. You can always practise usng a plastic sheet by picking up beads of different sizes etc and see how they are.

Hope this makes sense, only practise will make you improve. The more you do it the better you will become.:)
Thnx again Talented Talons will look at my mix ratio for zone 3 and if no luck will do what GiGi has said and call my trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back