Defining the Shellac UV colour coat system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Shellac is the breakthrough, patent pending UV3 technology that combines the ease of polish with the resilience of gels. A TRUE innovation in chip-free extended-wear colour.

Shellac is designed for the natural nail client who simply can't keep polish on for more than a few days, or who ends up 'dinging' a fresh manicure because of impatience during the drying process. Shellac is the answer for all those clients that want gorgeous nails but don't have the time to maintain them.

Shellac offers tremendous SHINE, depth of colour and a perfect finish, along with 14-day wear and excellent protection. Shellac helps weak, thin nails by adding a strong, yet thin coating for protection. Shellac also helps hard, brittle nails by adding a tough, resilient coating for flexible protection.

Even clients who have previously been unable to wear nail products because of lifting, allergic reaction, onycholysis or time limitations will be able to successfully wear Shellac! It's 3-Free formula is hypo allergenic and easy to wear for most clients.

From the best and largest nail-only laboratory in the world, CND has listened to what consumers and manicurists wanted and have produced a product that merged the best of enhancement discoveries with the ease of the latest formulations in polish. The perfect nail coating that gives flawless, long-lasting colour with no chips. nicks or problems, ZERO dry time and quick and easy removal. Shellac supplies a durable, scratch resistant and protective, yet removable top coat and a colour stable range from the palest pink to the richest red. Shades won't change, yellow or fade in the bottle or during a full 14-day period of wear.

Shellac is the first ever true hybrid UV nail colour.

• On like Polish
  • Wears like Gel
  • Off in Minutes
Say Good-bye to waiting for polish to dry and Say HELLO to ZERO dry time.

Say Good-bye to chips scratches and dullness and Say HELLO to 14 day absolutely flawless wear.

Say Good-bye to less than perfect results and sheet marks and Say HELLO to a beautiful mirror shine every time.

Say Good-bye to weak or damaged nails prone to snags and Say HELLO to gorgeous protected nails that are tough and flexible.

Say Good-bye to damaging colour removal done with a file or drill and Say HELLO to safe, easy removal in 10 minutes.

Say HELLO to the future!! with Shellac.

Attachments

• download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Monday is my Shellac date and I cannot wait! :)

Thanks for posting this. Monday is my Shellac date and I cannot wait! :)

You are going to adore Shellac. Be sure to tell me all about the class. :hug:

I'm wondering if anyone else has used the Shellac French and had any problems with the white crinkling a bit on the tips. I have tried to do it thinner and still having a bit of problems.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used the Shellac French and had any problems with the white crinkling a bit on the tips. I have tried to do it thinner and still having a bit of problems.

If it is crinkling then you are applying the white too thick.

Read the application instructions in the tutorial section under 'finishing and maintenance' and learn to cap the free edge as described there. It sounds like you may be capping after you have applied the white and are therefore building up a 'fatty edge' along the free edge. It is also necessary to shake the white and all Shellac bottles thoroughly before use. The CND UV Lamp is also mandatory.

If you are interested in the chemistry behind the system then look here.
http://www.salongeek.com/training/1...cool-understand-know-how-use.html#post1058676

Thin to win.

And what about Shellac and problem nails? My friends has problems with hormones, no enhancement wish to stay on her...

She will have to try it and see. Shellac is not an enhancement product.

Shellac is the breakthrough, patent pending UV3 technology that combines the ease of polish with the resilience of gels. A TRUE innovation in chip-free extended-wear colour.

Shellac is designed for the natural nail client who simply can't keep polish on for more than a few days, or who ends up 'dinging' a fresh manicure because of impatience during the drying process. Shellac is the answer for all those clients that want gorgeous nails but don't have the time to maintain them.

Shellac offers tremendous SHINE, depth of colour and a perfect finish, along with 14-day wear and excellent protection. Shellac helps weak, thin nails by adding a strong, yet thin coating for protection. Shellac also helps hard, brittle nails by adding a tough, resilient coating for flexible protection.

Even clients who have previously been unable to wear nail products because of lifting, allergic reaction, onycholysis or time limitations will be able to successfully wear Shellac! It's 3-Free formula is hypo allergenic and easy to wear for most clients.

From the best and largest nail-only laboratory in the world, CND has listened to what consumers and manicurists wanted and have produced a product that merged the best of enhancement discoveries with the ease of the latest formulations in polish. The perfect nail coating that gives flawless, long-lasting colour with no chips. nicks or problems, ZERO dry time and quick and easy removal. Shellac supplies a durable, scratch resistant and protective, yet removable top coat and a colour stable range from the palest pink to the richest red. Shades won't change, yellow or fade in the bottle or during a full 14-day period of wear.

Shellac is the first ever true hybrid UV nail colour.

• On like Polish
  • Wears like Gel
  • Off in Minutes
Say Good-bye to waiting for polish to dry and Say HELLO to ZERO dry time.

Say Good-bye to chips scratches and dullness and Say HELLO to 14 day absolutely flawless wear.

Say Good-bye to less than perfect results and sheet marks and Say HELLO to a beautiful mirror shine every time.

Say Good-bye to weak or damaged nails prone to snags and Say HELLO to gorgeous protected nails that are tough and flexible.

Say Good-bye to damaging colour removal done with a file or drill and Say HELLO to safe, easy removal in 10 minutes.

Say HELLO to the future!! with Shellac.

I have been thinking for a while about changing to Shellac, but several of my clients have stated that they have tried them and think they were a waste of money. It seems to be all the rage lately with salons. Is this because they have paid for them so need to use them or are they truly worth it? I think I will purchase one or two to test out first, as it is a huge expense if they are no good.

I have been thinking for a while about changing to Shellac, but several of my clients have stated that they have tried them and think they were a waste of money. It seems to be all the rage lately with salons. Is this because they have paid for them so need to use them or are they truly worth it? I think I will purchase one or two to test out first, as it is a huge expense if they are no good.
CND Shellac has been 'all the rage' for 6 years now and still continues! Many, many individuals have built a business from using Shellac and continue to grow and profit from this treatment.

CND Shellac has been 'all the rage' for 6 years now and still continues! Many, many individuals have built a business from using Shellac and continue to grow and profit from this treatment.

I suppose everyone has their own opinion. It is what the client wants at the end of the day, as without them, we do not have a business. I have sent out a survey to my clients asking their opinion on different gel polishes and which one they prefer. I will test a few colours out see what my other clients think.

I suppose everyone has their own opinion. It is what the client wants at the end of the day, as without them, we do not have a business. I have sent out a survey to my clients asking their opinion on different gel polishes and which one they prefer. I will test a few colours out see what my other clients think.
Dont forget in order to fully test a new product ideally you need to test the full system, lamp, base and top as well as colour or you wont get a true feel for application, longevity or removal.

Another thing to bear in mind is that to many clients they use the word shellac as a generic term for a gel polish as opposed to the CND brand Shellac.

Dont forget in order to fully test a new product ideally you need to test the full system, lamp, base and top as well as colour or you wont get a true feel for application, longevity or removal.

Another thing to bear in mind is that to many clients they use the word shellac as a generic term for a gel polish as opposed to the CND brand Shellac.

Yes I know. My clients have been having nail treatments for years, even before they came to me, so they know that they are talking about Shellac and they have stated the names of the other brands they have tried.

Latest posts

Back