Definition of 'Day Spa'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
Ok, been trawling the net all day, so many different 'definitions', so....as we are all industry 'professionals', thought I'd ask what you thought?

What would you expect to see in a 'Day Spa'?

Has anyone ever been to a 'Day Spa', please share your experience?

Does anyone own a 'Day Spa'? What do you offer?

Any help with my 'research', very grateful guys:hug:

Whether or not this is correct, for me, a spa indicates water, pool, etc. Think of Bath Spa town, its about submerging yourself in warm waters for soothing or medicinal purposes.

Too many places are now calling themselves 'spa' simply to try and add glamour.

Hi, I have a say spa near me, it offers all the treatments you would expect at a spa (body wraps, facials, natural nail care, massage etc), but without the amenities, i.e. this particular one does not have a pool or steam room etc, only a small jacuzzi and a steam room for a rassul (sp?). hth-x

By definition I would also expect a 'spa' to have water of some sort, besides the sink & toilet that is! Agreed, many people simply add it to their business title to sound something more glamorous than a high-street salon, although I personally I would rather be a very good salon than a poor imitation of a spa!

This is a day spa! Day Spa, Health Spa and Pamper breaks in Berkshire - Nirvana Spa

I think a day spa need not necessarily be this big but it needs to have space to relax and a variety of treatments and / or experiences to keep you occupied.

For instance, at Nirvana there are a whole host of treatments available but between treatments you are free to use the pools (hydrotherapy/relaxation/fitness/jacuzzi), there are also 2 floatation pools, saunas, steam room, monsoon showers, gym, cafe, ceramic heated loungers, etc etc

It really is very easy to spend a whole day there :green:

Thanks for replies guys.

I have looked at nearly every single 'spa' on the net, so have a general idea, but what I want to know is what would be the minimum requirements for a 'day spa'?

Would having a say, sauna, hot tub etc be enough or do you need the pool, gym etc?

Does ANYONE on the site own a spa???

i am in the process of opening a day spa, on the ground floor i have 2 treatment rooms for waxing and other quick treatments, also two nail bars and a sun bed and spray tan room, and my oxygen bar.

down stairs i have got 4 treatment rooms and a waiteing lounge that has sofa's and books etc, then in the wet room i have got a suna, steam room, showers, and a hot tub.

i also have a garden thats being decked out with decking a water feature, and sunbeds also a small smokeing area.

i also have a kitchen on site so will be offering detox juices, teas etc

hope that helps

Danielle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back