Defo switching from Shellac (CND) to iLac (INK London)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I totally believed him Sam. He said it was to do with buying from a third party in the US. Apparently (according to him) this third party buys direct from OPI and after that they can legally sell to whoever they want. He said OPI, CND etc. have no rights over products once they are sold to their legitimate customers i.e. the customer can sell them on.

Depending on the distribution companies involved, legal buyers like the third party this guy in question is quoting for talking sake, have to sign a contract or disclaimer to say that they will not sell onto third parties and beyond. Most wholesalers here do that when you sign up for an account. Of course you always get the bad eggs.

Brands like Moroccan Oil (hair I know but just an great example, and where some of these nail distributors should go) bar code the item, scan it and take copies of your driving licence/ID when you buy at the shows and when you have a corporate account it is pretty much the same minus the ID). So when it turns up online or EBay en mass from one person they know where it came from.

As a matter of interest I spoke to a Dermalogica rep recently and they told me they had shut down a legal account worth millions to them because the company was shipping containers out of New York illegally selling on the products. Perhaps this is where the huge nail companies need to follow, they have the resources?

Not tried the ilac but I have been using the xlac for 2 months now, luv it they just need more colours

I smell a rat on this entire thread. 2 persons in general plumping for business of a product if I ever did see it... No one in their right mind would under cure a product without knowing the risks it brings from it... LED & UV with the same curing times?! If anything the sticky residue becomes stickier the longer the product is cured...

I for one shall not even give this a second look...

I began this talking about ilac. Since then it has gone on to dennis williams, general distributor talk, even recruitment! Then someone mentioned the xlac which is a different product and maybe u have no experience with all in ones, if u did u would know that it never advisable to cure fully the first coat cos once cured there isn't a sticky layer, its totally dry. Bit i hear u, in future i will only talk about cnd, gellish and bio sculpture

I began this talking about ilac. Since then it has gone on to dennis williams, general distributor talk, even recruitment! Then someone mentioned the xlac which is a different product and maybe u have no experience with all in ones, if u did u would know that it never advisable to cure fully the first coat cos once cured there isn't a sticky layer, its totally dry. Bit i hear u, in future i will only talk about cnd, gellish and bio sculpture

Well Ilac, lacks & Xlac sounds like Exlax... It's ok to talk about legitimate products, but this whole thread seems like its been one big drive to get people visiting the the said website.. No qualifications needed & even advise that you can register as a Trader.... Not a good start ...
Top that with intermixing products because 'You've tested it, so that makes it Ok'... No brainer.. Not recommended & doesn't give the product/s a good name...
All my opinion of course, but I'm sure others are thinking along the same lines too.... ;)

I opened my acct at the professional beauty show where i assume only professionals are admitted! Anyway someone please close this thread cos its driving me round the bend now

Business pump Busted :D

I decided to visit the website & guess what... Course Details & Certificate information consists of typo error/s. ... No surprises there...

Clearly what others look for in a product, differs from what I look for...

Sleeping beauty, it appears that you are pumping their business! (All publicity is good publicity)All you are doing is keeping the topic alive, for someone with no interest in their products you are very active! As for certs i didnt see anything at all regarding them just says pro use only xxx

I smell a rat, just doesn't feel right. I really don't believe in using brands that can be brought from companies without certs. You seem to use MOLLON PRO, a perfect example.

And before any one says about buying crap off ebay or amazon, I mean proper companies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

...and promoting the names in this thread obviously wasn't enough for you - you've now decided to promote another 'no name', Glamlac!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is getting quite bizzare now....

I actually think the op's position is admirable. She has decided she requires a cheaper alternative & instead of buying some unknown junk like the majority with this mindset she has researched and made an informed choice.

She has chosen a product that performs as she requires, is manufactured safely in the EU (which is quite novel), gives her the customer service she desires & is at a low price point. One ‎that is in the same range as 2 other infamous "brands" which are widely disliked on this forum.

In my eyes this is the product that those who are desirous of an economy line buy whilst not compromising 1. Client safety & 2. Ethical issues of buying Chinese imports/fakes

Lots of big sites don't check professional qualifications. Harmony being a good example of this. Is that ideal? No. But it's not an indicator of a company's worth.

Is all the information on this website "sound". No. But no one's going to die from typos. ‎They're new, they're a start up, they have limited resources. Do I want to align my brand with them? Definitely not. But I understand the allure & suspect the products perform effectively.

This site could be much more positive in content with just a smidgen more thoughtfulness.

I opened my acct at the professional beauty show where i assume only professionals are admitted! Anyway someone please close this thread cos its driving me round the bend now

As per the OP's request, this thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back