Degree?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dior_kisses

Reaction score
I am currently studying a BND in beauty therapy sciences and due to finish the course in may.. I am so confused about what to do next, i would ideally love to own my own salon but i realise i need more experience first. I have been trying to find out about going to university because i think it is something i would like to do and dont want to regret it later on in life.. has any one ever done a degree in spa management or related? and how did you find it? the other other option is to do some short courses such as nail extensions and make up artistry. I would definefately like to work in management as a i like a challenge and i currently have a job in a small salon but feel this isnt really for me! any help would be greatly appriciated! thanxs xxx

I am currently studying a BND in beauty therapy sciences and due to finish the course in may.. I am so confused about what to do next, i would ideally love to own my own salon but i realise i need more experience first. I have been trying to find out about going to university because i think it is something i would like to do and dont want to regret it later on in life.. has any one ever done a degree in spa management or related? and how did you find it? the other other option is to do some short courses such as nail extensions and make up artistry. I would definefately like to work in management as a i like a challenge and i currently have a job in a small salon but feel this isnt really for me! any help would be greatly appriciated! thanxs xxx
I dont know exactly what your BND in beauty therapy science covers,could you enlighten me please?In level 3 beauty therapy spa management is covered,I dont think there is actually a degree in it though.

it is also a level course and covers; sports massage and prevention of sports injuries, aromatherapy massage, body massage, indian head massage, electrical facial therapy, electrical body therapy, electrolysis, dermatology and microbiology, basic skills in beauty therapy, work place and organisational practices, scientific principles, light irradation, anatomy and physiology

it is also a level course and covers; sports massage and prevention of sports injuries, aromatherapy massage, body massage, indian head massage, electrical facial therapy, electrical body therapy, electrolysis, dermatology and microbiology, basic skills in beauty therapy, work place and organisational practices, scientific principles, light irradation, anatomy and physiology
Pretty similar to our course then,just we did nutrition/fitness and spa as well,aromatherapy,swedish and Indian head were seperate courses,in which we had to do Swedish before being allowed to do level 3 beauty therapy.

The Spa training was good,gave a real insight into all spa treatments,inc sauna,jacuzzi,steam units etc.We learnt how to determine if the chemical balances were all correct in the jacuzzi,what chemicals were needed to deal with problems,all that kind of stuff.Pretty indepth but good.

Maybe you could get a job in a spa where they could give you in house training,I really havn't heard of any course where they teach spa management as a stand alone course,but I'm sure if you dig and delve deep enough something will crop up.Good luck.:hug:

Here's what I did:

HND Business and Finance

Worked for 6 years in corporate sales (hated it)

Studied beauty whilst at work privately, then

Went back and did

BA Hons Business Admin with Marketing and started a little business of mobile whilst at uni.

I think a degree helps you in terms of it makes you aware of marketing skills etc. It's helped me with my little business.

There wasn't spa management etc when I was at uni.

HOWEVER: there's much to be said about having great skills, just think what creative skills you could build up if you did practical courses.

What about a night school in business, then get your other courses underway. Personally I think this is the best route, but thats just me.

hths xxx

Just reading the syllabus you have studied - it seems to be quite indepth a lot. What about a business course or a seperate spa management course?

Latest posts

Back