Demonstrations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALEX

With Olympia coming up (gutted that I cant b there), I just wanted to share with you my opinion on demonstrations.

I had a gel nail put on by one of the leading brands and thought it was absoloutly terrible. The form had been put on terribly and therefore the nail took a dramatic nose dive! The filling was all ski-wiff so the end nail looked crooked and there were loads of little air bubbles. As a result of this demonstration I was really put of by this product.
I then went to another stand, had another gel nail put on and with no hesitation thought it was better.

Since the show however I hav seen many of you guys discussing how good this original produt is. I therefore hav thought that these guys doing the demos are at it all day with little breaks if any, are talking none stop answering as many questions as they can. They must b worn out and may do the occasional bad nail.
I guess im just trying to say I don't think you can judge a whole brand by one demo nail like I did.

This is a good thread as i am going to olympia especially to have a few gel demos down as i want to learn gel next after seeing anna from torronto's nails. Its a good point Alex but i can understand what you are say as i can imagin i would also think if the nail didnt look perfect (with the pros doing it) how am i going to learn to do. Well, I have 5 fingers ready 1 for brisa and 4 others left. I can wait as when i went to excel i had enhancements on and couldnt get any demos. I am also hoping ezflow are doing demos of there 3d nail art as i am really interested in this too.

Lisa

Hope you have a great time, am sure ezflow will b there. I f Anthony Buckly is there try to get him to do a nail for u - hes so funny and very talented!

ez flow will be there doing demos, dont worry. i wont be on the stand on sunday as i'm competing but i'll be there monday and tues.

we've got some great techs on the stand on sunday so you wont be dissappointed though

antony

I wouldn't like to say as never done demos all day - but surely you take your creme de la creme to shows to promote you products (and taking coffee breaks inbetween).....but similar happened to me with a distributing company that does all three systems of a particular brand and a young lady on their nail demo area put an tip and acrylic overlay on but it was that tight i had to have it soaked off within the an hour...I suppose its up to everyone to draw their own conclusions but after this was the final thing that convinced me i would be no longer using their products or training.

HI

i think this is quite and interesting post, when i was taking on a gel system about 5 yrs ago i went to a show and did the same thing, had test nails done. I had picked out a few companys in particlular that i was interested in but also met others while i was there. All in all i had 8 nails done. Now after visiting about 3 companys we went to try the LCN stand (never heard of them up till then) and everything clicked. What i couldnt put my finger on with the other companys, because i was more interested in the nails, was hygene. Before i even sat down the girl on LCN cleared her desk and sprayed everything to sanitise. Ding on went my brain and although the other nails were ok this impressed me so out of my short list i went with them. One company put me a tip on then the overlay and she cut me with a drill, then she put a nail on my friend and didnt even change the drill bit. This worried me big time and totally put me off. So i guess what i am trying to say is look at the big picture and make sure your happy before being tempted with the special show prices.

Bit of a ramble hope it made sense.........
Ps some gell sting like h...............ll others not so bad, some are soakable some are not..........

I have to say I`ve had some bad demos like Alex and it did put me off for a while. I honestly think I`m not too crash hot at nails but I could do better than some demos I`ve had done on my nails. So much so that I now don`t even bother to have demos done any more.
Thats not to say I don`t check them out cos I still do and since I`ve seen Creative demos I can honestly say I haven`t seen a bad nail done by anyone on their stands. And I stood and watched Antony and M last year for a loooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time and the nails they were doing were fab too.
I think it has to be put down to a bad day cos we all have them and I do agree, they must put their best techs forward to do demos

Hi, I would like to add a little something...:rolleyes: IF you are chosen to be part of the demo team at a show (at least I can speak for us) - your nails, time after time after time MUST be perfect - I don't care if it's 6:00 on Sunday evening and we are all shattered, those demos must be spot on - that is why we choose our demo team very carefully - not only MUST they do Kick-Ass Nails, but they must be able to HELP and answer every question perfectly for the teks standing in front of them!!! Shows should be the 'stage' for your perspective customers and to do anything less than a perfect demo, is UNACCEPTABLE!! That is how we work anyway... I would die if a nail went off our stand and was less than perfect!!! :mad:

I heard that Leighton Denny was going to be demoing Alida's The Edge? Does anyone know if it's true?

I had several nails done at ExCEL last year, some were fab (Amanda Reevel at Creative - what a helpful lady!, and the lady at Cetuem too) but some of the others were awful and had to be soaked off, my nails are still only now recovering from damage by two of them.

This year I will be more prepared to stand up for myself if I am unhappy.

As far as LD and Alida - I am sure he will be there 'full force' so-to-speak!! :)

I do believe the demos should be the best but humans can never be perfect all day everyday.

I will be there on the monday so hopefully it will be less busy than last time when i went on a sunday. i have done one hand myself so i can get some tips while i am there too.

lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back