Dennis Williams selling Solar Oil, Scrub Fresh, Additives and Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how this has gone on so long though and it's still illegal! I'm baffled as to how they can be advertising it still so blatantly?

The point is it isn't illegal... All they're doing is introducing competition to the marketplace!

Imagine if there was only one place you could purchase your groceries and the prices you'd be charged!!!

It's not "healthy Competition" if the products are coming from an unknown source and there is no way to know they are even genuine.

Sweet Squared have stated that they do not supply it to them, CND in America has stated that they do not supply it to them. So where are they getting it from then? Lol worrying :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Parallel Importing , it is not illegal , the products are genuine and there is very little sweetsquared can do about it. It is quite common with well known brands,while it is good for the consumers, it will be a pain in the butt for sweetsquared.

It's not "healthy Competition" if the products are coming from an unknown source and there is no way to know they are even genuine.

Sweet Squared have stated that they do not supply it to them, CND in America has stated that they do not supply it to them. So where are they getting it from then? Lol worrying :/

It's genuine, Dennis Williams have stated this.

Parallel Importing , it is not illegal , the products are genuine and there is very little sweetsquared can do about it. It is quite common with well known brands,while it is good for the consumers, it will be a pain in the butt for sweetsquared.

Exactly! Which is why S2 are taking a while to stop then from selling it! Lol!

How is it worrying? They're a large wholesaler with many outlets where consumers can inspect the goods before they buy - not some backstreet lockup! If a nail tech can't differentiate between a fake and a genuine product, they're not a very good nail tech - it's not hard to tell!

It's worrying because if the actual manufacturers "CND" have no idea where they are getting a large amount of stock from that *personally* worries me. Also, if Dennis Williams keep deleting genuine consumers posts asking for proper clarification on it and not just "yeah it's genuine and legal and your insurance is fine" *personally* this makes me wonder what they have to hide. I dont care where anyone else decides to get their stuff from, that's up to them. For me, I like to be 100% sure I know I'm getting what I pay for. My personal opinion is what my comments are based in having heard what CND has had to say about it, the people that actually make it lol

selina , if you look up Parallel Importing, that will explain to you whats happening. The products are def NOT counterfeit, other wise they would not be able to sell them. They are Genuine CND products, there is nothing sweetsquared can do. What they are doing is perfectly legal.

If a nail tech can't differentiate between a fake and a genuine product, they're not a very good nail tech - it's not hard to tell!

I find this a bit rude. I order most of my products online so I don't see it before it arrives at my door. With only a picture to go by, how am I supposed to spot fake products? Nothing to do with the quality of my work.

I find this a bit rude. I order most of my products online so I don't see it before it arrives at my door. With only a picture to go by, how am I supposed to spot fake products? Nothing to do with the quality of my work.

Sorry if it came across as rude. I mean DW have trade stores, so you can physically see the products before you purchase them. It's obviously much harder if you're buying your product from an online seller.

Sorry if it came across as rude. I mean DW have trade stores, so you can physically see the products before you purchase them. It's obviously much harder if you're buying your product from an online seller.

Well that's where trust comes into it. As others have said, we are hearing conflicting versions of this so it's down to trust really. I need to be 100% sure that my products are genuine, that's my personal choice.

Also, if I decided to buy a product that I have never used before, say Shellac, I wouldn't know what to look for to spot a fake. This is also why I don't buy anything from Ebay. I KNOW sellers that sell fake goods or tampered with products. It's a nightmare.

selina , if you look up Parallel Importing, that will explain to you whats happening. The products are def NOT counterfeit, other wise they would not be able to sell them. They are Genuine CND products, there is nothing sweetsquared can do. What they are doing is perfectly legal.

I didn't say anywhere that parallel importing was illegal. What I did say is that I personally like to be sure what my products are before I would use them on my clients. This is my personal preference. As said above trust comes into it. Parallel importing doesn't explain the origins of the product if the manufacturer themselves "CND" can't account for who they are actually importing it from, it's definitely not from CND. I choose not to buy from the "grey market" and others are free to do whatever they are happy with themselves.

I have personally been to one of the dennis william stores the gelish is not fake, I know of other technicians who buy direct from Harmony in the US as its cheaper. Dennis William are doing exactly the same as them. Its a loop hole they've found.

Dennis Williams aren't doing the same as them. They are not buying directly from CND and importing it. CND have no idea who they are getting it from.

Selina of course they are not buying directly from CND, they are buying from one of their authorized distributors, and then importing it to the UK, that is called parallel importing.

Well I didn't think it was illegal to be honest, if it was it would g be happening, and certainly if it is legal then maybe s2 will be forced to accept the healthy competition!

The local supply wholesaler down the road from my house sticks genuine shellac too they buy from America! I choose not to buy from them though but they haven't been stopped either.

Im afraid there is nothing sweet squared can do about it, CND sell all over the world, so it could be imported from any where. There is nothing wrong with healthy competition and ultimately people will shop where they wont. Like i said before it will be a pain in the butt for sweet squared, but good for the consumer with lower prices etc.

Selina of course they are not buying directly from CND, they are buying from one of their authorized distributors, and then importing it to the UK, that is called parallel importing.

My post was in reply to missLB who stated they were doing the same as some technicians who buy direct from harmony from the US. I'm not incorrect in saying this is not the same. They are not buying from CND, so not the same as missLB stated. Is there a reason why my personal opinion on this subject matters so much to you that you keep trying to correct what I write by answering about something I didn't say?

selina i am sorry if i have upset you , that was not my intention what so ever. I was trying to explain to you what parallel importing was. i am sorry if you have taken offence, has none was intended. xx

selina i am sorry if i have upset you , that was not my intention what so ever. I was trying to explain to you what parallel importing was. i am sorry if you have taken offence, has none was intended. xx

No problem :) I wasn't arguing with anyone either. I understand well what parallel importing is. I just felt that you picked out things to pick me up on that I wasn't meaning when explaining my personal thoughts. It's very difficult on these things, you can't see people's body language or hear their tone of voice. I apologise for taking you the wrong way xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back