Dennis Williams selling Solar Oil, Scrub Fresh, Additives and Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The support from S2 is brilliant . When I was still working (having a break due to childcare issues and costs ) . I rang them as had one client that just couldn't keep her Brisa lite and shellac on . As it was just one person I knew it couldn't be my technique . They spend ages on the phone with me going through everything including what the client did for a living to try and get to the bottom of the problem so I could report back to the client and advise her further .
They solved the problem and I didn't lose my client .

Now that's what I call Love And Respect .

The support from S2 is brilliant . When I was still working (having a break due to childcare issues and costs ) . I rang them as had one client that just couldn't keep her Brisa lite and shellac on . As it was just one person I knew it couldn't be my technique . They spend ages on the phone with me going through everything including what the client did for a living to try and get to the bottom of the problem so I could report back to the client and advise her further .
They solved the problem and I didn't lose my client .

Now that's what I call Love And Respect .

I guess you were lucky then but in MY OWN personal experience, I have not been so lucky.

I have lost count how many times I have called S2 regarding training, and been told the same line "call back at the end of the month".

So again I DONT call that "Love or Respect"!

Hmm, service seems a bit hit and miss at the moment. Some really good experiences and some not so good. I remember the corker that someone was told when they rang about their lamp blowing up and it was said that they hadn't heard of there being any lamp problems. I admit to laughing out loud reading that one, but I imagine the caller was fuming to be treated like such an idiot.

Generally they do try hard though.

I feel really bad for Sam, Samantha and Jim.
Yeah, I know that the whole "you buy stuff, you sell it for more" concept seems so simplistic to those outside the loop, but flippin' heck I wish it were so goddamn easy.

I have no insider knowledge but if I were them I'd have my legal bods all over this in a bloody heartbeat. Everything they've worked for, every scary moment, every sleepless night, every lengthening queue at shows, is in danger of being all for nought.
Would I be tempted to buy from DW were I in that market? You betcha! Every last penny counts. But what counts even more is loyalty. Support. Belief. Friendship.
Is this what I want from my trade customers? To defect at the drop of a free bottle?
Jeez, I hope not...

Does the concept of doing the right thing not matter....

Everything they've worked for, every scary moment, every sleepless night ....

Everyone who has a business has experienced this, not just S2!
And small businesses are going through this everyday, and may continue to do so for everyday they are in business.
It's scary. And yes every penny counts, and sometimes that does mean more than friendship or loyalty, especially when trying to keep a business afloat!!

Does the concept of doing the right thing not matter....

It does yes... And I think that's the only thing which has kept me personally from using DW so far.

But as it has been made very clear- we don't know the ins and the outs of the business. We don't know how DW get their stock. We have many questions which i suspect can't be answered by anyone at this moment in time! It would be a whole lot easier if we were in the know but I realise that's not possible.

All I am saying is - Left with very limited information people can hardly be blamed for straying! Some won't of course but there are others who will and it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people or disloyal. After all, ultimately the businesses they are most loyal to and the interests of which they will always serve above everything else are their own!

You've lost so many customers because of Dennis Williams, really? They've only just started selling it, most people who have ordered from them are probably still waiting for it to arrive.....
To be honest I don't see what the big deal is, the more places available to purchase the more the company's are gonna have to compete for everyone's business, the better it is for us the consumers. Not been funny but anyone who would choose to pay more for the same thing are idiots, why would people worry about putting more money into sweet squared pockets with all the millions they have. If they want our business then they are gonna have to compete for it. Exclusivity just leaves us with no other options but to pay out the nose for something, and oh "all the support you get from s2" has anyone ever had to phone for support? If you know how to apply shellac properly you should never have to..
I don't think it's going to have any effect on diyers either, there's plenty of other places to buy shellac from, including the easiest ebay and amazon, people always go on about you don't know what your getting it could be fake.. If you get one labeled CND and not bluesky or CCO etc then your pretty much 99% of the time are getting the real deal. What puts diyers off is the whole cost of the system having to buy the top, base coat, the lamp, stuff for prep, isopropyl alcohol and then your colours, and don't justify the whole cost of it just to do them selves and maybe a couple of friends.

No offence to anyone! Everyone's allowed an opinion :)

I don't usually get into a 'slagging off' debate on here but to call people 'idiots' who choose to buy from the authorised distributor is shocking!

Many people have had to call for support as no 2 clients are the same!! Those that are educated and experienced can often come across difficult clients!

Millions?? What millions? Do you have any evidence that S2 have millions? Ridiculous assumptions.

Personal choice is good. Choose to buy from the authorised distributor at pennies more. Or choose to buy from 'diverters' with no manufacturers support (and maybe insurance).

Your total post is what is bad about the nail industry today and what is bringing it down!

You have no idea about the 'bigger picture' and what can make this industry professional and what can make it one that has the worst reputation of all the beauty services.

It does yes... And I think that's the only thing which has kept me personally from using DW so far.

But as it has been made very clear- we don't know the ins and the outs of the business. We don't know how DW get their stock. We have many questions which i suspect can't be answered by anyone at this moment in time! It would be a whole lot easier if we were in the know but I realise that's not possible.

All I am saying is - Left with very limited information people can hardly be blamed for straying! Some won't of course but there are others who will and it doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people or disloyal. After all, ultimately the businesses they are most loyal to and the interests of which they will always serve above everything else are their own!

Exactly what I was thinking

For me the choice is simple, it's based on honesty. DW and the academy's are unwilling to state where they source their products. Anyone unwilling to be truthful is doing so because they have something to hide. At least with S2 we know exactly what we're getting and where it's coming from!

I feel really bad for Sam, Samantha and Jim.
Yeah, I know that the whole "you buy stuff, you sell it for more" concept seems so simplistic to those outside the loop, but flippin' heck I wish it were so goddamn easy.

I have no insider knowledge but if I were them I'd have my legal bods all over this in a bloody heartbeat. Everything they've worked for, every scary moment, every sleepless night, every lengthening queue at shows, is in danger of being all for nought.
Would I be tempted to buy from DW were I in that market? You betcha! Every last penny counts. But what counts even more is loyalty. Support. Belief. Friendship.
Is this what I want from my trade customers? To defect at the drop of a free bottle?
Jeez, I hope not...

I agree with this sentiment, but doesn't it work both ways? How about rewarding customers loyalty and friendship?? you know if S2 ran a monthly VAT free day and reduced their minimum spend for free delivery I doubt we'd be having this conversation at all. I also think that this thread shouldn't be seen as a slanging match, rather a valuable opportunity for us to show our suppliers our views and expectations. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd love to do vat free days and free shipping. I just can't. Every time we send out packages we lose money on the shipping. So few couriers will take liquids nowadays and those who do add a premium for doing so.
It's hard for EVERYONE these days.

I agree with this sentiment, but doesn't it work both ways? How about rewarding customers loyalty and friendship?? you know if S2 ran a monthly VAT free day and reduced their minimum spend for free delivery I doubt we'd be having this conversation at all. I also think that this thread shouldn't be seen as a slanging match, rather a valuable opportunity for us to show our suppliers our views and expectations. xxx

Totally with you on this one!

Agree too.

So is the occasional VAT free day (illegal so just a 20% reduction) and cheaper postage what it comes down to?

So is the occasional VAT free day (illegal so just a 20% reduction) and cheaper postage what it comes down to?

Not that black and white for me. I have always remained loyal to s2 so far (despite being able to buy much cheaper yet genuine shellac at my local wholesaler). Admittedly I am tempted only now because a) there have been zero deals or discounts from s2 in my entire history of using them for shellac.... this is then compounded by b) Dennis Williams rubbing it into our faces what great deals they have on offer and what savings one could make.

Not that black and white for me. I have always remained loyal to s2 so far (despite being able to buy much cheaper yet genuine shellac at my local wholesaler). Admittedly I am tempted only now because a) there have been zero deals or discounts from s2 in my entire history of using them for shellac.... this is then compounded by b) Dennis Williams rubbing it into our faces what great deals they have on offer and what savings one could make.

I'm a Lena White customer and they sometimes do a 20% discount for trade customers.

They also just did buy three classic colours and receive a free top coat.

No not probably all it comes down to as others have made many points; but just one valid point I think. It may seem a negligible saving to the bigger salons, and for those who work in an area that allows them to charge a higher price for the shellac service. But for those of us running small, mobile businesses and our business relies on us being competitive, and when companies run these regular VAT free days and charge more reasonable postage on smaller orders, it helps us to budget better and more accordingly.
Capital Hair & Beauty, Sally Salon services, Ellisons they all do these offers! But they wouldn't if it didn't make them money!!
As I said before Loyalty between supplier and consumer should work both ways, in my humble opinion :) After all how many of us run loyalty schemes for OUR clients? and Why? Because we value their business, we want them to tell their friends about us, we want to build a good reputation...and...we want MORE business! xxx

This is a really interesting debate - I see a lot of knee jerk reactions here. I personally don't deal with S2 as I was shocked by a 'take it or leave it' attitude I received there. I left it. I stock none of their products. Instead I use distributors I can work with, offers aplenty, training at a more reasonable cost as well.

I refuse to give in to the cries of fake goods/no support/no training. It ain't so, its all moral blackmail. S2 and other sole distributors need to get real and offer what we want and can get elsewhere - its called competition and should be actively encouraged.

Picture this - I go to the market but can only buy vegetables from one stall regardless of price, availability or quality - how can that make sense? Open competition HAS to be better for us and our future - surely....

This is a really interesting debate - I see a lot of knee jerk reactions here. I personally don't deal with S2 as I was shocked by a 'take it or leave it' attitude I received there. I left it. I stock none of their products. Instead I use distributors I can work with, offers aplenty, training at a more reasonable cost as well.

I refuse to give in to the cries of fake goods/no support/no training. It ain't so, its all moral blackmail. S2 and other sole distributors need to get real and offer what we want and can get elsewhere - its called competition and should be actively encouraged.

Picture this - I go to the market but can only buy vegetables from one stall regardless of price, availability or quality - how can that make sense? Open competition HAS to be better for us and our future - surely....

I rest my case..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back