Dental problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been to the dentist today, a different one, who told me what I needed doing but refused to do it instead referring me back to original one who I phoned. The nurse phoned me back and said "the dentist says just to keep taking the anti biotics" but the dentist I saw today said anti biotic wont make any difference :(

Can you not try another, and another and anotherdentist? Xoxo

Can you not try another, and another and anotherdentist? Xoxo

Only two NHS in our area. Already cost me just shy of £100 so can't afford private

Was just about to say cocodamol.
I think you can get the 8/500 ones from a pharmacist if you have them check you. If you were closer I'd have said come for some of my 30/500 ones.

Is there an emergency dentist near you? Call them up, they won't see you in pain. If not go to hospital.
If you do get it sorted elsewhere send the dentist a letter with what you had done, I do think they should know where they went wrong.

Just like us, they don't know all to do with their profession, and mistakes do happen, its just unfortunate it happened to cause you pain.

Hope its sorted soon. Xoxo

Can get 30/500 from boots! Been taking them loads this week along with morphin lol whole other thread

Can you buy this over the counter? I have some pills left over from my c section but they are 4 years old.
It's horrible, trying to look after 3 young children whilst wanting to be out out of your misery is challenging lol

Yes from boots don't buy branded just regular codeine & paracetamol 30/500g

Don't take longer than 3 days in a trot. Codeine can make you constipated

You don't even have to make him (dentist) admit that he messed up, you just need to tell him you are in agony, and will not leave until he has sorted the problem. Look into emergency dentists out of hours, usually there telephone num is left on the dental surgeries answer phone message.
If not the hospital will be able to give you the number, and whilst A&E won't actually 'do' the root canal they will treat you with pain relief. Xx

Try using clove, put a cotton bud in it and hold it on your tooth, it really helps to numb it x

Can get 30/500 from boots! Been taking them loads this week along with morphin lol whole other thread

I'm so not impressed now! Going to have to tell my doctor I want morphine lollies from now on then if 30/500 is available from a pharmacist xoxo

I'm so not impressed now! Going to have to tell my doctor I want morphine lollies from now on then if 30/500 is available from a pharmacist xoxo

I'm sure they are il double check

Ok my 30/500g were prescribed
And u have 8/500 from boots
But I'm sure you can get the stronger ones from boots

I'm sure they are il double check

Ok my 30/500g were prescribed
And u have 8/500 from boots
But I'm sure you can get the stronger ones from boots

Lol thought 30's were prescription only :) happy now xoxo

hi lovie, first of all poor you, its horrendous that you have been left like this! i worked in the dental industry for years and your dentist has a duty of care to abide by, a registered patient must be seen within 24 hours if in pain,i'm sure their primary care trust and the GDC would be most interested to hear how you are being fobbed off! call NHS 24, they have a dental emergency department,explain that you have been left in agony and been given the round around and that you have got a 2nd opinion. which anti biotic have you been given lovie? have you previously had any issues with penicillin in the past? i'm allergic to penicillin and it sure sounds like you have the same symptoms xxx

Oh hun I really do feel for you.. Ive actually just created a thread about my dental issues :(

hi lovie, first of all poor you, its horrendous that you have been left like this! i worked in the dental industry for years and your dentist has a duty of care to abide by, a registered patient must be seen within 24 hours if in pain,i'm sure their primary care trust and the GDC would be most interested to hear how you are being fobbed off! call NHS 24, they have a dental emergency department,explain that you have been left in agony and been given the round around and that you have got a 2nd opinion. which anti biotic have you been given lovie? have you previously had any issues with penicillin in the past? i'm allergic to penicillin and it sure sounds like you have the same symptoms xxx

I'm on Ceflexin... Only problem I have ever had with anti biotics was one that sent me death! I had pleurisy and ended up not being able to hear a thing for 4 days!!
Just sent my partner to the chemist for some strong stuff ;)

I'm on Ceflexin... Only problem I have ever had with anti biotics was one that sent me death! I had pleurisy and ended up not being able to hear a thing for 4 days!!
Just sent my partner to the chemist for some strong stuff ;)
i have reactions to most anti biotics, i usually end up being prescribed doxycyclin,this is the most commonly prescribed anti biotic for STD's so my local chemist must think i'm a riddled old tramp lol xxx

i have reactions to most anti biotics, i usually end up being prescribed doxycyclin,this is the most commonly prescribed anti biotic for STD's so my local chemist must think i'm a riddled old tramp lol xxx

Pmsl!! I honestly don't usually moan this much! Even when I was on bed rest with pleurisy for 16 weeks whilst pregnant I was pretty good humoured! But this pain!!! And the grotty feeling plus the lady problem have hit me like a tonne of bricks!

Pmsl!! I honestly don't usually moan this much! Even when I was on bed rest with pleurisy for 16 weeks whilst pregnant I was pretty good humoured! But this pain!!! And the grotty feeling plus the lady problem have hit me like a tonne of bricks!
hahaha i swear he looks me up and down as if to say ' you bad dirty girl' :smack:. i know what you mean though, dental pain is all encompassing xxx

hahaha i swear he looks me up and down as if to say ' you bad dirty girl' :smack:. i know what you mean though, dental pain is all encompassing xxx

Do you feel like screaming "I'm not a prostitute! Stop lookin at me like that"!!

do you have a dental hosp nr you? we have charles clifford who will see you if you in pain and cant get to a dentist. they are all students but they are amazing people. wish i vould suggest something although swilling with whisky helped me a bit....or get that drunk u dont feel it!!! make sure theres no food stuck in it too cause that can cause pain. once its temoved its like aaaaahhhhh......

a hot water bottle on where pain is can help too!!

Do you feel like screaming "I'm not a prostitute! Stop lookin at me like that"!!
lol the last time i was in i gave him a business card and winked...couldn't resist he got all flustered, i am really going to hell...i really should clarify the situation for him, he'll be frantically searching the internet to see if sets and hair ups are new slang words for something NASTY hahahaha

I really hate dentists .... to the point i neglected going for a few years & then needed 6 fillings all at the same time (was sedated thankfully) .... i shake everytime i'm in the chair.

However, no matter how bad it is, i've learnt that it is actually less painful in the long term to keep on top of it & go to the 6 month check ups.

As much as i hate being in that chair & dread them telling me i need work doing, it's overall less stressful than not going & then ending up with major issues.

Latest posts

Back