Deo 500cc wax pot is awful

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a digital Deo 500cc wax heater and each time I have used it, it has let me down. The heater came with what appeared to be a scraper bar and I'd also purchased one off ebay before getting the heater, as I wasn't sure if it came with one when I ordered it. I also bought 2 separate buckets for it (scraper bars fitted in the bucket) off ebay which are the correct ones for the Deo 500cc.

1st) My boyfriend and I spend a good 30 minutes trying to work out how the apparent scraper bar fits onto the heater but it just doesn't, even with the inner bucket I got off ebay removed. I'm a bit dopey sometimes but my bf is very logical and a good problem solver and even he couldn't work out how the scraper bar fit in the heater. If placed where it should logically be, it is precarious and falls into the heater as soon as you touch it gently with the spatula, so it's no good. We looked for holes the scraper bar might fit into;none to see, we tried all sorts - no joy. I shouldn't have to rely on the scraper bars fitted in the buckets off ebay, I should be able to use the scraper bar that came with the actual heater or the one I got separately off ebay.

2nd) the function of heating the wax properly and maintaining temp is rubbish. I have tried a couple of different Perron Rigot hot waxes in this and it's terrible. The wax itself is not the problem. I fast heat the wax with the lid on and set the hot wax to 57 (btw, I have tried different temps around that range and it didn't solve the problem). The wax always starts to congeal a few minutes in and badly clumps around the scraper bar (comes fitted on the buckets I got off ebay). It just gradually starts cooling in my heater and I simply cannot work with it. This thing doesn't even appear to melt the wax effectively to working temp.

I've had enough with it, it's making waxing a very arduous task and I can't wait to just buy a Hive like I should have originally. I would ideally like a refund on this Deo but not sure how to go about this. It doesn't heat the wax properly, the accessories don't even seem compatible with it and it can't maintain the temperature the wax is at.

Just making people aware of the issues I've had, if you're considering buying one.

I've got the deo double heater and perfectly happy with it. Scraper bars fit. I set waxes on fast heat,my hot wax is then set 60-65. 57 might be a bit low. You do have to sometimes move temp up and down with hot wax.

Maybe it's faulty, speak to whoever you bought it from.

I too have the Deo double heater and I love it. It was a bit of a pain to start with, I also use Perron Rigot wax and had the same problem you did with it clumping and cooling too quickly. I found that using the fast heat option was causing the problem. I discovered that if i set the temperature to 67 for the hot wax and let it heat up without using the fast heat function it works brilliantly. everytime i use the fast heat funtion the wax goes all yukky. Obviously this means i have to set my pot up about an hour befre i actually need it, but its worth it to get the best from the wax.

Latest posts

Back