Depositing to lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMcNamara

Reaction score
A few months back, I took my mother to this gorgeous level five. It's a mohogany, so there's red in it. Ma calls me up about two weeks ago begging and pleading for me to take her back to brown and blonde. Now, of course, I can take her back to brown...quite easily, actually--But the blonde?!

She's over fifty percent grey, and she has minor bleach damage UNDER the red. AND to top it off, she's got new growth. I keep on telling her that I won't take her blonde yet, and she doesn't necessarily understand my reasoning.

Every time I think about putting blonde highlights in her hair...I'm horrified. I can picture her hair breaking off.

Her old stylist used to take her from a red, to a brown, then highlight it.

I'm not comfortable with depositing just to lift! Especially not with her hair in the condition that it's in.

(it's like straw.)

Help? Please? :cry:

A few months back, I took my mother to this gorgeous level five. It's a mohogany, so there's red in it. Ma calls me up about two weeks ago begging and pleading for me to take her back to brown and blonde. Now, of course, I can take her back to brown...quite easily, actually--But the blonde?!

She's over fifty percent grey, and she has minor bleach damage UNDER the red. AND to top it off, she's got new growth. I keep on telling her that I won't take her blonde yet, and she doesn't necessarily understand my reasoning.

Every time I think about putting blonde highlights in her hair...I'm horrified. I can picture her hair breaking off.

Her old stylist used to take her from a red, to a brown, then highlight it.

I'm not comfortable with depositing just to lift! Especially not with her hair in the condition that it's in.

(it's like straw.)

Help? Please? :cry:

Hi, why not do some test peices first then you can both see what it would turn out like :hug: x

Hi,if your Mum`s hair is like straw then you are right to be cautious. I would recommend a series of protien based treatments .My favorite is cera repair pro 4 by matrix (biolage line) these wil strengthen for future procedures. If she follows a good repair regime first her hair will be in great shape to lighten.if badly damaged its good to do once per week till it feels healthier then back to once every 2 weeks then once a month. I would suggest Biolage Fortetherapie shampoo and conditioner to. home care is as important as salon care.
It also depends what level of blondeshe would suit. Over 50 % grey and to pale a blonde washes out the features of mature women.I usually keep my clients around a level 7/8 then which ever way you colour its not as difficult to jump from reds to browns to blondes.
At the end of the day if you are in doubt go with your gut instinct it is rarely wrong and if you go through with it by pressure you will have regrets.Your mum also has to understand you are the professional. I find relatives can be our most difficult customers!Good Luck.

i hate this i get this from my rellies all the time . if you do it ,which you probably will , against your better judgement , you r for it either way - if it turns out fine you will be expected to perform miracles at the drop of a hat and if it goes badly - well she wont ask you again .
red and bleach not a good combo , reds a pain to lift out and the hidden bleach underneath the tint makes it worse . could you persuade her to have more natural hi lites and use bleach with 3 % and reapply to the pieces which dont lift or are red with higher peroxide then tint the regrowth around the foils ( and head lol) and semi the ends . then apply another semi or toner to the rinsed off hi lites?
But personally i wouldnt do it . or you can try and find out what she doesnt like about the colour and try to address that , bit by bit until the hair is in good enough condition to do something with

i hate this i get this from my rellies all the time . if you do it ,which you probably will , against your better judgement , you r for it either way - if it turns out fine you will be expected to perform miracles at the drop of a hat and if it goes badly - well she wont ask you again .
red and bleach not a good combo , reds a pain to lift out and the hidden bleach underneath the tint makes it worse . could you persuade her to have more natural hi lites and use bleach with 3 % and reapply to the pieces which dont lift or are red with higher peroxide then tint the regrowth around the foils ( and head lol) and semi the ends . then apply another semi or toner to the rinsed off hi lites?
But personally i wouldnt do it . or you can try and find out what she doesnt like about the colour and try to address that , bit by bit until the hair is in good enough condition to do something with

Good news is, she's going to her old stylist now. I refused. Bad news is, I lose the business. But I sleep better at night knowing that my name isn't on someones badly damaged head. The end. :):green:

lose the business? haha i hope u give ur own mother a good discount lols. .x

lose the business? haha i hope u give ur own mother a good discount lols. .x

LAWL. She's able to use the family discount, but she would always pay full price as the more she pays, the more my paycheck is, and the more money goes to her grandson.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back