Derma roller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Hi I'm from hair side. Can I ask you skin geeks does derma roller thicken the skin and how many sessions would you recommended? I have very fair thin skin it's like Norwegian/Scandinavia type I always use SPF to prevent skin ageing.

Stewie

Hi Stewie, Yes it can thicken the epidermis due to collagen induction but how many treatments depends on your skin and what you put on it. Some salons recommend a course of 3 treatments with a break then another course. With needling you can get up to 80% greater penetration of product so choose carefully what product you apply. Must be rich in nutrients, free from preservatives, colouring, parfum. Don't be tempted to choose a clinic where they want to do long needles. A 1mm needle can be almost as effective as the longer 2mm/3mm needles, also shorter downtime and less discomfort. It's also recommended that you do home needling in between your salon needling appointments.
An alternative to getting a thicker epidermis is topical application of vitamin A (Environ or Dermaviduals are some of the best) and combining vitamin A homecare with sonophoresis facials (Environ's Ionzyme machine).

Hi Stewie, Yes it can thicken the epidermis due to collagen induction but how many treatments depends on your skin and what you put on it. Some salons recommend a course of 3 treatments with a break then another course. With needling you can get up to 80% greater penetration of product so choose carefully what product you apply. Must be rich in nutrients, free from preservatives, colouring, parfum. Don't be tempted to choose a clinic where they want to do long needles. A 1mm needle can be almost as effective as the longer 2mm/3mm needles, also shorter downtime and less discomfort. It's also recommended that you do home needling in between your salon needling appointments.
An alternative to getting a thicker epidermis is topical application of vitamin A (Environ or Dermaviduals are some of the best) and combining vitamin A homecare with sonophoresis facials (Environ's Ionzyme machine).

Thank you so much for your time writing this. I went to a clinic and she did say She recommends 5courses for £650. I will defiantly look into the vitamin A

Latest posts

Back