Dermal fillers advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliviacourt

Reaction score
So I’m currently doing a dermal filler course, after speaking with trading standards I’m abit confused. Do I need to complete this course to perform fillers as there is nothing in place to say I have to be registered or licensed?
Also what qualification do I need in order to train people in dermal fillers

Hey, you will need to complete an accredited course before you can do the treatments. As you say, there’s nothing to stop you doing the treatments but you will require insurance which you can only get by doing an accredited course. You will also need a license, fees and license types vary city to city so you’ll need to contact your local council for further information. It generally comes under a special treatment license. I work at a doctor led aesthetic clinic and he don’t have to have a license as he’s regulated by GMC because he’s a qualified doctor but we have therapists working here too and they need a license to perform needle based treatments like microneedling and PRP.

I don’t think you should be thinking about training others just yet if you’ve not done the training yourself or don’t have any experience in whatever it is you plan on training others in. In general in order to teach something you’ll need a qualification in that subject, experience and also a teaching qualification and the courses you teach will need to be accredited so that your students can gain insurance. I hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back