Dermal fillers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FACE Beauty Bar

Spmu Beauty Bar
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this site and just thought I'd start off by asking the opinion on Dermal Filler Courses. Not Botox.

I currently do Microblading, Semi Permanent Make Up and Lash Extensions but want to expand my business.

I'm not medically trained and even though there is so many courses available for me to do I hear so many different rules about it.

Can anyone enlighten me to what the current regulations are please?

Hiya,

I currently do microblading and am thinking about doing a course in fillers too. The two seems to complement each other. Ive done lots of research because I'm super nosy! As far as I'm aware Dermal fillers is fine as long as its not botox. The negativity seems to be coming from those who don't want injectables administered by non-medics but I've seen lots of successful business run by those who aren't. Eg, flawless cosmetics(have a mixture of both nurses/non medics).

My only concern is insurance and licensing. I had to have a special treatments license to practise microblading in my council. I'm a person who likes to do everything 120% by the books.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks Fran :)

Sorry to sound like a party pooper ladies but there isn't a chance in hell I would ever go to anyone shoving a needle in my face by a non doctor.
90 % of my clients feel the same.

Are you yourself a fully qualified beauty therapist ? That would also have helped ease client's minds if you are , due to the level of training for e.g. Anatomy Physiology classes we got were pretty intense. And I know every muscle bone in the face and what moves what and how. And how each or why certain skin conditions would react to things , all play huge part . It's not just the injection itself , which I am sure you could administer well enough.

At the end of the day it is entirely your choice to do the course or not. Perhaps ask to have a list of students or check their pages of past students to view their work speak to them see what they have felt the course was offering etc

Looking for similar threads....just finished my level 3 massage and electrical route with electrolysis looking at level 4 but also botox and fillers courses....now apparently the rules (not the law) changes in 2020 and it becomes a medical device so I have to still do this course to be able to do biofil. Biofil is new and its not going to be a medical device because its totally natural but better than fillers?? Also prp and some other courses.
Ive had a few friends with horrific looking results from drs administering botox and fillers and some amazing fixing going on by beauty therapists.
I want to go as far as I can with the aesthetics but want procedures that people are raving about.

I am under the impression that fillers/Botox will be a level 7 course. I believe you can undergo training if you have the criteria for level 7. As the above poster says Biofil is probably the way to go as it will not be classed as a medical device. However I do think there is a big gap between level 3 and using fillers. I would at least get some level 4 courses under way and do injectable mesotherapy (carried out superficially in the skin). I am completing level 4 skin science in a few weeks and IMO it should be mandatory to have this before progressing further .

I'm with Nailpod, I actually inform my clients to avoid beauty therapists offering anything injectable, I have a nurse that comes to my salon if anyone wants it done. I personally believe that we should not be allowed to perform these treatments.

I’m currently studying beauty therapy level 3. And I want to learn how to do dermal fillers I would appreciate any course suggestions.

Each to their own but just because they are medically trained does not mean its going to be great...like I said ive seen botch jobs by drs that have been fixed by non medics. I am not saying that non medics are perfect but I certainly wouldnt discount them. The training is great and exactly the same as drs. No difference.
Yes I would definitely do level 4 and advanced skin. Level 4-7 is basically needling and peels and no fillers or botox.
Botox can only be carried out by a medical professional being present. A prescriber.
Fillers are basically produced naturally in your skin and will break down over time.
I am currently saving to do this.
The recommendation in 4-7 but because its needling and peels which most have already done on other courses people are holding off to see what happens.
I think to brandish all non medics as not trained is not right. They are fully trained and trained with medics and some have been practicing for years! Very successfully. They are also trained in first aid and a &p...but because they are stood next to drs and nurses they are seen as incapable of doing their job?? Like I say most run very successful businesses with many happy clients and if the customer's were not there then no one would do it.

Latest posts

Back