Dermal stamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattyfudge

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Someone told me briefly about Dermal stamping and I was wondering the following - who manufactures/sells dermal stamps and what training is needed? Xxx

Hi, I've worked with environ and they have dermal rollers and stamp. I think medik8 do one now as well. Although I've been a fan and seen great results with the deep dermatology performed under local anaesthetic to remove stretch marks and scars, I'm having second thoughts after some new research showing that it creates scarring in the skin rather then collagen.....

Thank you for your feedback. I was wondering about some scarring as it pierces the skin. I think short term results are good but further down the line it must cause some scarring. X

It doesnt cause any long term damage to the skin and does not cause scarring, by slight piercing the skin causes collagen stimulation, the same as if you cut yourself, creating healing to damaged skin (whether by scarring, lines or wrinkles)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3

As I understand it, we have 2 types of collagen. One that is stimulated by not going too deep with collagen simulation therapy which helps promote healthy collagen that adds elasticity to the skin. It helps to break down scaring etc. The other kind of collagen helps to form scar tissue and can cause thickening etc. This collagen isn't stimulated using CST. I am talking about the environ method as oppose to anybody else's.

Vic x

The needling initiates an inflammatory process for the first 3 days because tissue has been wounded. After this, new collagen is laid down in a disorganised haphazard way. From 4 weeks up to 2 years after needling, this new collagen will gradually mature and become the organised, strong collagen that we want. We get scars where there is excess accummulation of collagen that has formed irregularly. Post needling, during the process of the collagen maturing, the irregular layers that form the scar will be broken down. Needling is carried out at monthly intervals to give the skin time to go through these phases.
Environ do training, Boston Medical also train and their rollers are very well priced. I've done needling on 20 year old stretch marks using 1mm needle and anti-ageing using 0.5mm, you don't need to go for the deep needles.

I also recommend the best book on the subject: The Concise Guide Dermal Needling Medical Edition by Dr Lance Setterfield.

Anyone use Dertmatude

Latest posts

Back