dermalogica advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multi-active toner is good but its more important you use the cleanser, daily microfoliant and active moist first to establish a good base. My clients find that the exfoliator takes the place of the toner.
Lilac

I agree with this. Dermalogica is different because their "toner" isn't required to put your skin's ph back to normal. The multi-active toner is basically a foundation for anything you are going to put on your skin after you have cleansed.

Have you tried dermologicas precleanse?? I think this would be perfect for you as you say your skin dries out if you cleanse it twice. It is a serum you apply before you cleanse, rinse with water and then follow with your dermal clay cleanser. It takes all the make up, sunscreens, dirt etc off your skin so that when you cleanse with dermal clay it is really giving you a deep clean. Also try the Face brush to use with your cleanser as this will make sure all the make up etc is off your skin. I would suggest you used the special cleansing gel in the morning and use the dermal clay cleanser at night as then your skin will not dry out as much but still get a good cleanse.
I would also look at your foundation. Are you using an oil free non commedongenic foundation? If not then I would change that too as if you use it to cover your spots then you could be going round in circles!
Try Dermologicas foundation or Mac do good quality foundations, I use they're select foundation as i have a combination skin too that gets spotty if i don't look after it. Look at your powder/blusher etc too, I know it sounds like you're gonna spend a fortune but i don't see the point in using good skincare if you then put bad make up on top.

So I would suggest getting:
Special Cleansing gel for morning use
Continue with dermal clay at night
Precleanse to use before cleansing at night
Definately try the daily microfoliant as others have suggested
and a good foundation

your skin may get worse before it gets better but keep up the routine and you'll soon see a difference!

well I've been on dermalogical about a week and a half now and heres my routine..

AM:
dermal clay X2
daily microfoliant
active moist

PM
dermal clay x2
active moist

..so far i have to say mu skin looks generally a little bit clearer like at least all the crap is coming out if you know what I mean it doesnt feel so bumpy but it is so DRY! My forehead and side of nose and patches on my cheek are so dry they are scaley and peeley which means I cant put foundation on and I cant handle that!!!
Interestingly enough the main areas where I do get spots on my chin, jawline and lower right cheek my skin isnt really that dry at all so obviously I was producing excess oil there?

What do you suggest now? should I continue with this routine, I am aware that obviously its only been a week and I'm happy that my spots look bit better but worried about the dryness. Should I use the dermal clay less often or only only the areas with spots?

Any advice much appreciated! xx

Might be becasue you are double cleansing with the dermal clay. I use the precleanse for the first cleanse so as not to dry out my skin but if you don't want to do that then only cleanse the oilier areas with the dermal clay. In a week or 2 when your skin is settled you could use a richer moisturiser on the dryer patches. It will take a bit longer before your skin has adjusted to the new products so don't give up!

The pre-cleanse is a great idea. You could also try using the special cleansing gel in the am and the dermal clay in the pm.

Latest posts

Back