Dermalogica or Eve Taylor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
I've read Soo many threads on these 2 but still can't decide! I used dermalogica when we did facials at college so I know a lot about their products but eve Taylor has lots of good reviews..just wondered how is one better than the other, what do your clients prefer & which has best results? I don't want to rush into choosing a brand so any advice would be appreciated :)

I am a dermalogica stockist an i would say it gives the best results but there business side of dermalogica is terrible they don't help you if your not meeting your targets as if u only order under 300 pounds worth you get taken off the website & lose your rep and when you lose them both you really struggle as you don't know any of the offers they have each month or anything bout there education you feel as your fighting a losing battle there are other good brands out there such as eve taylor like you mensioned or sothys or thlago. hope this helps

that's all everyone seems to be saying about dermalogica that the customer service is crap but I'm just bothered about the quality of products & results they give which is why i cant decide lol. Thanks for the reply :)

Hi
Im a Dermalogica salon & I've been very impressed with the customer service & my rep who comes to see me every 8 weeks to go through my stock & helps me promote new products or launch deals? The training is second to non & I've never looked back my facial treatments have doubled & we sell lots of stick but u have to keep trying x

Oops stock? U have to be prepared to put money into it & we give away samples all the time? Once ladies try it they come back & buy!
At the moment they are doing every thing they can to help us keep going in this financial climate?

I use and retail Dermalogica and I cannot wait to get rid of it! I'm a home salon and wanted to use the best products for all treatments so when I first set up I purchased their very expensive stock pack.

Dermalogica will be very supportive as long as you can constantly spend £300 plus a month with them, if you don't then you will get no support what so ever, you will come off of the website and your rep will not visit you anymore. You are also up against companies from the channel islands selling Dermalogica with a huge discounts and companies selling it in abundance on ebay!!

I've looked into Eve Taylor, there is no huge stock pack expense, they do not let anyone sell on ebay and the retail price cannot be changed!! I've also been told that their products are brilliant and you can achieve great results for your clients!!

As soon as I can find a way to get rid of all my Dermalogica I will be contacting Eve Taylor.

Speaking as someone who has stocked/used both my advice would be to go with Eve Taylor. The Professional facial products are fantastic, the retail products are very affordable and sell very well - every one of my clients has switched to ET & many have said they prefer the products & think they can see & feel an improvement in their skin. They have lovely candles which are a big hit with my clients also. Extremely good customer service.

We use Eve Taylor in our salon as It seemed to be a really nice skin care range and very affordable. I thought that some of the products especially the toner really reminded me of Dermalogica from when I used them at college. I recently discovered through a Microdermabrasion trainer that actually Eve Taylor had set up Dermalogica many years ago so was one of its developers and founders!! Apparently she fell out with the company and so set up on her own? I know she is in her 80s and has been a very accredited aromatherapist for more than 40 years so the products seem to be of very good quality. The more I use them the more I like them and the clients love the smells and natural ingredients!

I currently use and retail both in my salon, and much prefer the Eve Taylor, and so do my Clients. So gradually will be changing over to just Eve Taylor.
Diane x

We use Eve Taylor in our salon as It seemed to be a really nice skin care range and very affordable. I thought that some of the products especially the toner really reminded me of Dermalogica from when I used them at college. I recently discovered through a Microdermabrasion trainer that actually Eve Taylor had set up Dermalogica many years ago so was one of its developers and founders!! Apparently she fell out with the company and so set up on her own? I know she is in her 80s and has been a very accredited aromatherapist for more than 40 years so the products seem to be of very good quality. The more I use them the more I like them and the clients love the smells and natural ingredients!

I don't think that you have the right information here, although please correct me someone if I am wrong. Eve Taylor founded Eve Taylor Professional in 1968. Dermalogica was founded in 1986. As you will see Eve Taylor was founded long before Dermalogica came into existance.. As far as I am aware the connection between the two is that Eve Taylor blends some of the oils that are used by Dermalogica.

Last edited:
I don't think that you have the right information here, although please correct me someone if I am wrong. Eve Taylor founded Eve Taylor Profressional in 1968. Dermalogica was founded in 1986. As you will see Eve Taylor was founded long before Dermalogica came into existance.. As far as I am aware the connection between the two is that Eve Taylor blends some of the oils that are used by Dermalogica.

Yes, that info is incorrect.

Eve set up in 1968 and has been in the business since then.
Eve is extremely good friends with Jane Wurwand - Dermalogica founder, as Eve taught aromatherapy many years ago - meeting Jane along the way.
Eve helped with different aspects of Dermalogica - but i Stress 'helped'.
They are 2 completely seperate stand alone business and have no links with each other in that sense of one owns the other ect.
Eve helped to pioneer FaceMapping for Dermalogica; and quite rightly as Revivebeauty said above - Eve blends the professional additives for Dermalogica treatments - as they are such amazing quality and purity.

So thats it!!

Oh how I love it when the chinese whisper continues and gets more elaborate every time!! he he

Your beat trying eve Taylor yourself! Personally I didn't like them so give them a ring and ask for some samples

We use ET and love it. Personally I haven't tried dermal office but the huge opening order and eBay selling put me off, and there is also another demagogic a salon in town.

X

I have used the Eve Taylor Skincare range in my salon since 2008.
I love their range of skincare and oils, but more importantly my clients love them. There are affordable and they work!
I stock alot of the travel size range as well as the 200ml range, the idea is that clients will buy the travel size (£15 for a cleanser, toner & moisture lotion), if they like it they then buy the larger size.

Last month I was lucky enough to go to the ET 3 day Aromoatherapy training. Had a great time and learnt so much from Eve.
I would recommend any one out there looking for a new skincare range to at least contact ET and request samples, try it out for yourself and see what you think.

The candles are fantastic, they are made from plant wax extract, you can use them in your massaging - yes you actually use the candle wax to massage with - just check the temparture before applying!

I decided on eve Taylor :) I got the mobile kit to get me started and one of the candles, relaxing & indulgent I think it's called? X

you wont be disappointed I love Eve Taylor

You will love it and your clients will too. You have to try the wild fig and grape candle, it's lovely.

I will do with my next order :) x

There seems to be a preference for Eve Taylor products on here. I have been using Dermalogica for the past 3 months but haven't really seen any results so this thread really helped me and I will be swapping my skincare for Eve Taylor.

Latest posts

Back