Dermalogica poplularity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy22

Reaction score
I am deciding on a brand for skincare and am thinking of using dermalogica is anyone else using them for facials and do you think using the name has made a difference in the amount of people having facials done or not?

Also what was the minimum amount of stock you had to purchase from the stockist?

Thanks in advance xx

Dermalogica is really popular for us even though there are 3 other salons who stock it within a couple of miles. People definitely recognise the brand. The downside is the opening order - it's not cheap at all!!

Dermalogica is really popular for us even though there are 3 other salons who stock it within a couple of miles. People definitely recognise the brand. The downside is the opening order - it's not cheap at all!!
Thanks for the reply Hun, how much is the opening order?

downsides of being dermalogica from a ex stockist their business ethos stinks only wanna help when you earn them £600 ex vat plus a month. dont earn them enough and you lose your rep then lose your location status on their website. Clients love it but do show rooming where they will get face mapped by you, say they will be back then go online and get it cheaper. And when you informed dermalogica about it, when back in the day they were like we are very strict about it being online and we will close accounts blaah blah. now being sold online you get their isnt a lot we can do can't beat them join them attitude. And when i joined them the opening package was £6k i think and was promised they wouldnt saturate my area 2006 3 other stockist 2012 15 other stockist. was told they wouldn't go in department stores or online. They sell on their own website, and now are in airports concessions and department store concessions. They increase their prices every year. don't waste your time an effort they dont think of the little people that got them big. try environ altho again they want you to purchase a £5k machine and train before you can become a stockist altho they are strict on online issues they don't say one thing an do another they do aim to help. hope this helps xx

I think Dermalogica unfortunately gets a lot of bashing nowerdays. The salons that had it 15+ years ago before you could get it on the Internet (before you could buy pretty much anything on the Internet) loved it worked with it for years. Then as we technologically evolved Dermalogica didn't tighten up maybe as much as other brands did.

I use it and love it my opening order about 4 years ago was 2.5k. I've complete nearly 60 courses with them I find it retails really well but then I find that's down to you/your staff as well as clients wanting to buy it.

I no longer get rep visit but I can request for her to come if I wish but I have a contact at head office which is actually easier to just email and pester her! I'm still on the website though.

Contact them to get some more info

I don't do facials or sell anything for skin care. But I do get facials and all my skincare is dermalogica. I just recently found out you could buy it online. The place I go to buy it is priced the same as online (and I don't pay shipping and handling). That said I have very sensitive skin that reacts easily. This is one of the only brands that I have personally found help my skins and don't hinder it.

Have you looked at Katherine Daniels Cosmetics?

Latest posts

Back