Dermalogica training - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in doing some training with Dermalogica but am having a few difficulties!! :irked:

I can find the training courses, centres and dates etc but not the price! Am I missing something or do you have to have some certain status to train with them etc??!!!:confused: Just ever so slightly confused!

Also, I wanted to use the products in my facials and possibly retail them too (after the training of course) but I certainly don't have £3k to set up an account. Is it not possible to sell their products even if you've been trained by them?? Seems a bit silly if not as surely it's their brand that's being sold rather than someone elses!!!!

hi you can only train with dermalogica after you have bought there opening order after that training is free and you can train has much has you want. if you know someone who has an account with them if they let you, you could train through them. Dermalogica does a home salon kit in it you get there professional range and 2 of or near enough of everything in retail when i bought it it was around £2k but that was about 3year ago it could have went up. you should ring up and they will send a rep out and you'll get more info on it. hope this helps

Thanks hun.....that makes sense as to why I couldn't find their prices!!! Haha!! It's still a lot of money though. You'd think they'd make a smaller kit for home salons say about £1k. It's still a lot but easier to swallow!!

Oh well, looks like I need to save my pennies....for the next 10 years!! :rolleyes:

I was told by Dermalogica that they do not supply home salons under any circumstance. Their loss, I would say.

:confused:

I have discussed with Dermalogica several times bringing their product range into my home based private-practice and they have always been very enthusiastic about it. I also have several friends who use them in theirs.

If you are considering opening an account with them wait for a Show / Exhibition month as they have offers on opening accounts then which can save you money and get you more for your money too.

I've been for treatments in a home salon which was supplied by dermalogica, they had to pay the full wack though to start up. :hug:

Have got to say, this one has had me baffled for ages. I understand the join Dermalogica and I think we were quoted 4K to start up. Who has 4K upon start up to throw at products these days ?? (If you have you're lucky). What I cant understand is, there are tonnes of salons around my area which stock dermalogica and some of these salons have bad reps and I know they are really really quiet, so how on earth do they do it ??? I think that there must be some way around it all

Do you think that these salons just buy in bulk say off of ebay??? Cos to be honest I would love to start using Dermalogica but I certainly don't have anywhere near the sums of money that have been spoken about!!! So, I might have to buy from ebay and see how I get on.

As long as you're a trained and qualified therapist with adequate insurance I really don't see where the problem lies. I understand the whole 'exclusivity' issue but if you can buy off of ebay and various other companies I think they've lost that!!!

mmm, I was wondering that myself. I know there has been a thread on here before where someone gets their products from a place in Jersey, which is slightly cheaper than the RRP but not wholesale price.

Maybe if you contact them they will slightly drop the price of start up due to circumstance and prospect of good business relations in the future with your business growth. I would try an get into some kind of communications with them on the phone. Your professional manner may encourage them to do business with you. :hug:

Dermalogica offer two different packages one each for smaller/larger salons.

The start up cost IS necessary as you will need all of the professional products to carry out the treatments effectively (pro products alone work out around £1000) then you need the products to retail to clients, think with the small package you'd be looking at 2 of each product.

I paid around £3500 about 9 months ago for the top package as I wanted the tester stand, etc but I think it would be around £4000 now as there have been 3 major product lines launched since then.

They do supply home salons I don't know why some people are informed they don't, there are several near me and I met quite a few girls on training that had just set up from home.

The one thing I would say is you can amend your opening order to a certain extent with your rep, you could probably get a couple of hundred off it if there are certain products you just know you wouldn't sell. I don't stock the shampoo & conditioner because I rent a room in a hair salon and made it clear to my rep I did not want them in my order, I also don't have the professional products for the body wraps as this is a treatment I don't offer due to not having a shower.

At the end of the day I think the reps will be as flexible as they can as they want to boost their figures (who can blame them!) so if you say look I only want 1 each of the medibac range instead of 2 as I have no clients with acneous skin they will more than likely accomodate you.

Hi, im a home based, part time therapist that uses Dermalogica. I opened my account 4 years ago and have done all the training which is free and far more advanced than what i was ever taught at college so well worth it. I would speak to a rep as suggested and try to bring the price/amount of products down by removing some from your opening order. I paid for my opening order over 3 months which really helped. once you have your account there is no minimum order and they do some great offers throughout the year. good luck :hug:

Thanks girls, you've all been a massive help! :hug:

I think what I'll do is wait until after xmas and then give them a call and see what they can do for me (also it gives me a chance to make some money over xmas!!!).

Hi

I just wanted to say that mass ordering off eBay is a terrible idea!!

Have a word with them they are really friendly!

A salon in my town has just got elemis in and i think there min order is about 5k, so dermaogica isn't the highest,

Becki

When i got my Dermalogica in it cost me €6,500 for the larger order had considered elemis but that was €10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all upfront, i defo would not advice buying professional products from ebay and using them on clients as your not trained in these products and if you burn som1 by exfoliation for example whos going to cover you as your insurance wont, im sure dermalogica will help you out if you contact them x

No, I wouldn't buy off Ebay I just need to do some serious saving!!!!

It's such a shame as I've heard so much good news about Dermalogica that it'd be great if we could all benefit from it's fab products!!!

Latest posts

Back