Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalaloopsy

Reaction score
I'm taking over a beauty salon that already stocks dermalogica and I am going to keep it on, however do anyone know if I will be able to open my own account without an opening order as she already has quiet a bit of stock there

Hi, a salon I worked in got taken over and we had dermalogica and the new owners just took over the account. This was over ten years ago so things might of changed but you could always send them an email or phone to ask. Good luck with it all

I would imagine they would allow you to take over. If they insist on you opening a new account there is always the risk you wouldn't renew with them!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
This was the situation that I was in.
I spoke to Dermalogica who insisted that I take out a new account, despite the fact that it was a business transfer and I was buying the business which should include existing accounts. That said, the owner at the time hadn't done any marketing and didn't have a social media presence and so probably wasn't selling at the level that they wanted.
I didn't find the rep very flexible and I didn't get a great first impression.
This was almost 4 years ago and so things might be different now.

I would give them a call, if there is a lot of stock it would be mad to make you purchase the opening stock order as I'm sure in the contract you can send products back that do not sell so if you were doubling/trebling up you would be sending stuff back pretty quick.

I took over my salon 4 years ago,the salon Im at was using Dermalogica and everything was included in the sale therefore I just took over her account.

The lady I purchased from opened another salon which she wanted to continue to use Dermalogica there,so she had to open a new account and pay the start up fee for this.

I suppose it depends what is agreed with yourself and the person your purchasing from, maybe Dermalogica was happy for me to just take over the existing account as another would be opened with her anyway.

Thank you everyone! I rang the rep and she's coming g down during the week to assess the stock levels to see if I can transfer over the account! There is a lot of stock there so i won't be to impressed if I have to do an opening order aswell!!

Latest posts

Back