Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I am starting up a new beauty salon
I am not able to afford the Dermalogica opening order of around £5,000
I am looking to buy at cost price plus vat 20% plus 5% on retail minimum order will be £1,000
professional order also wanted cost price plus vat 20% plus 10% commision order will be minimum £2,000
I understand there is a 20% discount offered by dermaloigca during june only for professional products so making more commision , we could go half on this 10% each
Pay via pay pal i will pay the pay pal fees and postage cost with parcel force

I think you'll struggle to find a supplier. If a dermalogica salon are caught supplying a non dermalogica salon with professional stock, they could have their contract with dermalogica terminated. I would also wonder why a salon that has paid their several thousand pound opening order would want to supply a salon that hasn't.

Do you anticipate buying further stock from said salon for future use and retail?

Do you need to do the dermalogica training to do their facials?

Seems like you need to look at the logistics of it.

Vic x

I think you'll struggle to find a supplier. If a dermalogica salon are caught supplying a non dermalogica salon with professional stock, they could have their contract with dermalogica terminated. I would also wonder why a salon that has paid their several thousand pound opening order would want to supply a salon that hasn't.

Do you anticipate buying further stock from said salon for future use and retail?

Do you need to do the dermalogica training to do their facials?

Seems like you need to look at the logistics of it.

Vic x
Hi
I have done all my Dermalogica Training
I simply can not afford the opening order of £5,000

I am sure Dermalogica will not find out if someone supplies me one order each of professional and one order of retail
Then when my business grows I will open an order with Dermalogica

There are lots of beauty salons out there, who change suppliers and if they have stock to rid of, then there is no problem me buying from them (no old stock of course)

Don't let the fact that you have done dermalogica training blind you to the merits of other skin care companies.
Having sat through many many of their sessions I would not set it above other companies.

Have you worked with any other brands yet?

I would think twice about asking on this site as reps and other salons can and do follow threads and if they find out you will be on their black list and I doubt they will allow you off easily.
Personally I wouldn't risk it, is there no payment plan available with your rep perhaps or bank loan instead? Rather get their full backing and support to help promote your business. Just my personal advice

I would think you'd be better off on ebay but even then you can't be sure it's genuine x

My dermalogica opening order was only £2k. Did they quote you £5k? They do a finance option over 6 months i think?
I wouldn't want to help a fellow professional therapist get in the back door though.
Did you do the 4 day dermalogica live or have you progressed further?
Being an account holder is more than just access to products.

What what you do regarding the retail products? Just keep badgering to place more orders?
How would you know about the updated guidelines? New products & education etc?

I would definitely look into other brands, I used dermalogica at college and found i naturally gravitated towards this when I left, however, having seen the market is flooded with salons, I swerved away from them. Now I hear the latest news from the states saying they are being bought out and heading the products into the mainstream, chemists. I prefer a brand which offers the support from a small business to grow. Not a demanding one who offers little support.

Hi Debbie,

You should not go this route, you will be depending on someone else to create your success. You may then struggle to replace products when necessary and end up using a substitute which will not provide the proper result and in the end you will have an unsatisfied customer...and word spreads.

I would highly recommend you try out Eve Taylor, I am in the beauty business for years and have used many many brands and seen many many things happen and Eve Taylor have always stuck to their principals. They are going to be a huge brand, they are developing brilliantly year by year and are not on every street corner, not a greedy company either. I suggest you get in while you can with them. Wishing you all the best in any case S xxx

I would definitely look into other brands, I used dermalogica at college and found i naturally gravitated towards this when I left, however, having seen the market is flooded with salons, I swerved away from them. Now I hear the latest news from the states saying they are being bought out and heading the products into the mainstream, chemists. I prefer a brand which offers the support from a small business to grow. Not a demanding one who offers little support.

I don't agree ... I'm a Dermalogica account holder and Dermalogica qualified Expert. The Buy out was last year and is not a bad thing it allows innovation and economies of scale. Products are not going into chemists and super markets they statement to us was that they are remaining prestige and professional. Yes they do support small the business to evolve. My business is a new start up and by the end of my year 3 I will be at at the prestige level Derm Circle . Training is 2nd to none. I have a therapist from another 2 skincare brands and she has said the Dermalogica training is far more in depth than the prestige brands she has worked with. I don't find in my city of Portsmouth that too many offer the brand and I don't feel other sticking salons a threat. The key is the therapist - they need good customer service, product and skincare knowledge skills . Combine this with a no pressure firm of advice and selling is easy. I would highly recommend Client Wave retail training.

Hi
I have done all my Dermalogica Training
I simply can not afford the opening order of £5,000

I am sure Dermalogica will not find out if someone supplies me one order each of professional and one order of retail
Then when my business grows I will open an order with Dermalogica

There are lots of beauty salons out there, who change suppliers and if they have stock to rid of, then there is no problem me buying from them (no old stock of course)

Your opening order can be nearer £2000 and they will do payment terms to spread the cost. You need to buy from source to get the business support to grow your business as well as training. College training is a small introductiin to Dermalogica. I am passionate about skincare and you will learn things you never learnt at college, exciting power cleanses and advanced techniques through their training which is free when you have an account. Buying from other sources is a big no no! You are not insured and you will pay more for the products. Especially do not buy from eBay or Amazon as there are fake products out there that won't do your reputation any good. I would set yourself a business plan , don't sell yourself cheap, make sure your knowledge and customer service is great. People buy from people so bite the bullet and go for it. It's scarey money whatever skincare brand you go for but you need to speculate to accumulate . Remember , any therapist can pop to the wholesalers but not everyone has access to professional advanced products. This makes what you offer different. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back