Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello

I would love to hear your experiences with Dermalogica.
I am on the verge of opening an account but would like to hear any experiences positive and negative about this brand.

I am trained in Elemis, Espa and Pevonia but I am looking for a skincare brand which is results driven and caters to all skin types not just the usual oily, dry and combination skin types. I also want to offer skin peels which is one of the reasons I also like Dermalogica.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

I’ve trained in dermalogica and Elemis.

Training wise, I found the dermalogica staff were rushing the course to get it over and done with. She would got very angry when the class didn’t know the answer to something. I left feeling that I still knew nothing about the brand. However that’s just my experience.

Training with Elemis I felt I was rushed again ( learnt 4 different facials, whole Elemis brand and what they stand for and all the ingredients in 2 days)
However it was repetitive and we kept going through it over and over. I was gave lots of leaflets and books to revise from and to keep. Left knowing a lot! About Elemis.

As for what they cater to I would choose Elemis every single time! They have more to offer everything is made then approved my us therapist in the industry before being realised so you know it actually works.
Price wise you can charge a lot more for Elemis and people are willing to pay it. Only thing I don’t like about Elemis is that I feel they overcharge there products, working in a salon with Elemis products I saw how little they were charging for us staff and then how much for clients was shocking!
If your looking for skin peels you can do the trienzyme facial it’s not a peel but it’s a deeply exfoliating facial. Also I like Elemis for the powder masks that set on the face, always a fun part of the facial.

If you are looking for results driven skincare and learning how to do peels then check out Nimue. I met a few Detmalogica therapists who have now given up Dermalogica and use Nimue instead. I also use it and it’s fantastic and gives great results. Their training and support is also excellent

Last edited:

Training wise, I found the dermalogica staff were rushing the course to get it over and done with. She would got very angry when the class didn’t know the answer to something. I left feeling that I still knew nothing about the brand. However that’s just my experience.

Training with Elemis I felt I was rushed again ( learnt 4 different facials, whole Elemis brand and what they stand for and all the ingredients in 2 days)
However it was repetitive and we kept going through it over and over. I was gave lots of leaflets and books to revise from and to keep. Left knowing a lot! About Elemis.

As for what they cater to I would choose Elemis every single time! They have more to offer everything is made then approved my us therapist in the industry before being realised so you know it actually works.
Price wise you can charge a lot more for Elemis and people are willing to pay it. Only thing I don’t like about Elemis is that I feel they overcharge there products, working in a salon with Elemis products I saw how little they were charging for us staff and then how much for clients was shocking!
If your looking for skin peels you can do the trienzyme facial it’s not a peel but it’s a deeply exfoliating facial. Also I like Elemis for the powder masks that set on the face, always a fun part of the facial.
Hi i would like to ask how many days was the training with dermalogica and also if you could tell me the cost of it. Thank you

I have just trained in dermalogica and I loved the training with one girl in particular she was great. It was 4 days for the initial training. I have found though that clients buy their dermalogica on the internet as it’s so much cheaper than retail price xx

But are you given an rrp? Can you discount slightly for clients?

Hello

I would love to hear your experiences with Dermalogica.
I am on the verge of opening an account but would like to hear any experiences positive and negative about this brand.

I am trained in Elemis, Espa and Pevonia but I am looking for a skincare brand which is results driven and caters to all skin types not just the usual oily, dry and combination skin types. I also want to offer skin peels which is one of the reasons I also like Dermalogica.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x
Did ypu go ahead with them in the end ?

Hi Jade, I’m looking to train with Elemis, where abouts did you do your training x

Hi Jade, I’m looking to train with Elemis, where abouts did you do your training x
Elemis have training all over, maybe Birmingham would be your closest I maybe wrong.

If you are looking for results driven skincare and learning how to do peels then check out Nimue. I met a few Detmalogica therapists who have now given up Dermalogica and use Nimue instead. I also use it and it’s fantastic and gives great results. Their training and support is also excellent
I'm currently looking into Nimue, how have your clients found the products and facials?

I'm currently looking into Nimue, how have your clients found the products and facials?

My clients love their products and especially their results. It’s the best skincare I have worked with. It’s results driven and yet their products/peels are very gentle and there really is zero downtime. I love how I can see my clients’ skin improve. It is not very well known, but don’t be put off by this. Also the training and support are excellent. And they haven’t got a minimum order.
For me and my business it’s been the best decision I’ve made. Get the rep to come to you and have a chat with you and give you some samples. Let me know how you are getting on.

Latest posts

Back