Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I stock dermalogica and have done for over a year now. Their customer service is brilliant, if you have any products going out of date, you can send them back for replacements (thank goodness - the sun range flopped this year). If a client is unhappy with a product, even if they bought it somewhere else, head office will exchange it for you, keeps customers loyal.
The only problem I have is that you get massively undercut by companies on the internet. I could not hope to match their prices and I get alot of people coming in for face mapping and then going off saying thanks, but they can get them cheaper online!!
Dermalogica say they are against this, but they have not stopped supplying these companies.
Oh. you do pay for bags they cost £3 for 12!!

you only pay for deluxe bags, and you get your voucher 3 x a year to buy them anyways!

as for companies online selling, its not just dermalogica its every single brand. Its also very difficult to stop supplying them because salons online are usually buying from a different account and its difficult to trace.

Becki xxx

Ive still not even had my information pack yet !!

Think I will email them again

dont forget the royal mail strike buggered the post up!!!

haha even royal mail isnt that bad!

I am really surprised that you all only seem to look at dermalogica as the only brand ,when there are so many other brands out there on the market, new brands like nimue, or existing brands like decleor. the big companies can be very supportive to small business and i see a company rep every 8 weeks with decleor she is always really helpful and with every order over £200 which really isnt much you get 4 bags of samples free and bags you can choose what ever is in stock.
i was shocked last week in blackpool that 1 small road had 3 dermalogica salons within a 1 min walk of each other ,it was totally saturated.
that would always be more of a concern to me thatn the internet as someone rightfully mentioned. i belive an internet shopper isnt always a salon shopper and dosent effect your local market
hope that helps
:|:|

I think a lot of people use Dermalogica as that is what they were taught & know from college. I am the only Decleor salon in my area, which is great as a point of difference from others, and agreed not only are the reps fantastic you get so much promotional help from them with free samples, paper bags, travel bags etc. With my last order I got quite a few promotional christmas boxes, tissue paper & free candles, not bad for a few hundred pounds order!

Dermalogica are great but with competition just around the corner and all over the internet i would not invest in it i did in 2003 and i sold lots until people started selling it on the net for what we buy it for and you cant beat them on price ! check it out before you even think of spending all that money ! but on the other hand all there training courses and just using there products is worth the money, have a think about it. Lucy

I've been using Dermalogica for a number of years now and love them. However, they're relatively new to Canada (been here 5 years I believe) so there isn't many salons that have picked them up yet. None in my area at all, other than us. If it were me, and there were that many salons stocking it near us, I'd want to check out some other brands. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Latest posts

Back