Dermapen/dermaroller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxiwoo

Reaction score
Been thinking of training in this. Some trainers are selling the dermapen for nearly £900 but I’ve seen similar products on amazon for £80 upwards and the needles are the same in depth so what’s the advantage of a therapist as opposed to a client doing it themselves?

I use the Dermafix pen - so pretty expensive and had amazing results with it and made my money back pretty quickly so it was worth it in my opinion, I also use genosys professional only serums which definitely adds to the outcome (which people at home can't purchase from Amazon!). I can't really comment on cheap pens, but as for people using their own at home - they can go ahead. It's just like any beauty treatment, there will be people who do their own, like gels nails, hair dying etc. My clients come to me because they want a professional treatment and want my knowledge. Its easy to get wrong - I've seen videos on Youtube with someone using 3mm on their face with topical serum from Amazon - absolutely ridiculous :eek:
I'm all for people doing it at home if they get the correct information from their therapist and use appropriate tools for home care. I retail 0.25 and 0.5 rollers to my clients, but nothing higher than this. Anything higher needs to be with a professional in my opinion.

I use the Dermafix pen - so pretty expensive and had amazing results with it and made my money back pretty quickly so it was worth it in my opinion, I also use genosys professional only serums which definitely adds to the outcome (which people at home can't purchase from Amazon!). I can't really comment on cheap pens, but as for people using their own at home - they can go ahead. It's just like any beauty treatment, there will be people who do their own, like gels nails, hair dying etc. My clients come to me because they want a professional treatment and want my knowledge. Its easy to get wrong - I've seen videos on Youtube with someone using 3mm on their face with topical serum from Amazon - absolutely ridiculous :eek:
I'm all for people doing it at home if they get the correct information from their therapist and use appropriate tools for home care. I retail 0.25 and 0.5 rollers to my clients, but nothing higher than this. Anything higher needs to be with a professional in my opinion.

Hi Jenny,
Do you have your own salon? And how much do you charge per dermapen treatment? I’m thinking to train with people using Dermafix but I worry that I might not get my money back as the client that comes to the salon I am currently working doesn’t seem to want to spend money for treatment. I’m self employed. My facials are only £35-£55. Any advice please. Thank you.

Hi Jenny,
Do you have your own salon? And how much do you charge per dermapen treatment? I’m thinking to train with people using Dermafix but I worry that I might not get my money back as the client that comes to the salon I am currently working doesn’t seem to want to spend money for treatment. I’m self employed. My facials are only £35-£55. Any advice please. Thank you.

I work from home.
I charge £100 for just microneedling and £150 including pre-peel and LED Light (which is actually more popular!)
Prior to microneeding the only skincare I offered were holistic facials and Microdermabrasion, all £45. So don't worry about that.
Don't make the mistake of offering the treatment at a low price. Ok so your current clients won't pay it, but you'll get new clients that will!
I have so many new clients come to me and say "sandra down the road is only charging £50 for microneedling, I wonder whats wrong with it". Skin clinics charge £300 for microneedling, so to some clients, a cheap price means theres something very wrong! Don't undersell yourself.
It took me about 12 months to build up a steady clientbase for microneedling, it took a while to really get going, but now I'm busy with it. Its my highest earner, so even if I only get one client in a week, its totally worth it!!

Hi Jemma,

Do you do your microneedling treatments on the body? If so, can I ask what you do & do you combine with any other treatments that you've found to be effective? Also, are the genosys serums good for body treatments as well? Karen xx

Hi Jemma,

Do you do your microneedling treatments on the body? If so, can I ask what you do & do you combine with any other treatments that you've found to be effective? Also, are the genosys serums good for body treatments as well? Karen xx

Unfortunately, the original poster has been absent since 2015, so you may prefer to create a new thread of your own instead;)

Latest posts

Back