Dermaplane insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£375 extra! They said it’s because it’s new so it should come down in price

Wow! Salon Gold have just quoted me £168 to add it onto my policy and I thought that was a lot!

As a medically qualified and CPD, BAHA, accredited provider of dermaplaning courses we will NOT enrol any student, and we don't send course materials until we see a photograph of their level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification minimum. Unfortunately, many insurers just assume that because someone has completed a course from god knows who, that they checked the entry qualification. NOT always the case. We do it automatically because our course is accredited by the British Association of Health and Aesthetics also and to gain entry they must also register with them. The minimum for Beauty Therapy is a FULL level 2 S/NVQ etc.

How do you check if a company you did training with is accredited?

The company should be advertising who their accreditation is.. I.e.... professional beauty direct, CPD, towergate, ABT

How do you check if a company you did training with is accredited?
When a provider advertises they are accredited they should say with whom they are accredited. It's your job to go check this out to make sure their not lying. You should be able to verify their accreditation by checking online directly with the accreditation providers. Unfortunately, as dermaplaning isn't a nationally recognized qualification that is delivered and assessed against national occupational standards, these courses will vary in quality and therefore just because they have accreditation doesn't mean that you will learn much. Check out the instructor's qualifications and experience. I have trained people and then a few months later they have gotten accreditation and started teaching these courses themselves. So be careful who you give your money too!!

When a provider advertises they are accredited they should say with whom they are accredited. It's your job to go check this out to make sure their not lying. You should be able to verify their accreditation by checking online directly with the accreditation providers. Unfortunately, as dermaplaning isn't a nationally recognized qualification that is delivered and assessed against national occupational standards, these courses will vary in quality and therefore just because they have accreditation doesn't mean that you will learn much. Check out the instructor's qualifications and experience. I have trained people and then a few months later they have gotten accreditation and started teaching these courses themselves. So be careful who you give your money too!!
Thank you for that interesting read

Latest posts

Back