Dermaplane insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalm

Reaction score
Hiya,

Can anyone recommend a company that insures dermaplane facials? The company I'm with won't cover it and told me to take a separate insurance elsewhere for it

Insync are brilliant

I also use insync, its a package insurance and it includes pretty much all beauty treatments except injectables x

I went for insync thank you very much everyone [emoji4]

I was looking into who covers for it good to know xoxo

Hi sorry to jump on but just wondering if you have your level 2/3? im enrolled on a course but don't have either and now worrying about insurance thanks xx

Hi sorry to jump on but just wondering if you have your level 2/3? im enrolled on a course but don't have either and now worrying about insurance thanks xx
I have my level 2 beauty therapy

I have my level 3.

Professional beauty direct have recently started to insurance for dermaplaning but it’s pricey

Professional beauty direct have recently started to insurance for dermaplaning but it’s pricey
I thought mines was pricey too, i paid £275 for mines with insync

£375 extra! They said it’s because it’s new so it should come down in price

I’m a beauty trainer based in Bristol/Gloucester . In sync are about the only company that will cover atm without your nvq in beauty. Very soon new regulations are changing and you won’t be able to get cover without your nvq3 .

I’m with policy bee, however dermaplaning insurance is quite high x

Hi hope you don’t mind me messaging but I also have this problem of not having a level 2 or 3. I am covered in my current insurance for dermaplanning however only with these qualifications. I have been told by the dermaplaning course that it would be fine and they can suggest cover for me. I’m a bit worried as the course is only days away. Did you manage to find any cover without a level 2 or 3 and if you don’t mind me asking how much? Xx

In sync should cover you. But I doubt any other company will. Unless you use an independant broker xxx

Check with who the course is accredited with what pre requisites are required for the accredited certificate to be valid. If the course is accredited by ABT they require the student to have:
one of the below three:

• Nationally recognised level 3 in Beauty Therapy
• VTCT level 4 in micropigmentation
• Nationally recognised level 2 or 3 in A&P alongside an ABT accredited Microblading qualification
Some insurers don't ask to see any certificates, as they would assume the student would have everything correctly in place, as if not insurance would not be valid even if paying the premium every year. Also clients would expect someone to be correctly insured when performing the treatment on them.

I am horrified (but sadly not shocked) that there are so called training providers training unqualified students to do dermaplaning!! It's no wonder people think they can take a short cut into the industry! Although the educators are primarily at fault here, students themselves have to take some responsibility too in researching before they enroll on these courses!
Insurance companies are happy to take your money, but will always try and look for a loophole not to pay out if there's a claim, so you really do need to read ALL the small print on their policies!

Insync aren't perfect either from what I've heard. They will only cover you whilst you are insured with them, so if you change insurance providers and then get a historical claim (which could happen), they won't honour it, even though you were insured with them when the treatment was carried out.

I have had this same issue with researching providers etc - i was very shocked to hear about several courses requiring no experience at all. Im an Occupational Therapist which required 6 years of study to be able to work on clients. I now wish to work in the beauty industry as I did 16 years ago but you have to be so careful what course you take - ensure they are an accredited company which you can check. Dont just believe their website. Insync do cover most things but honestly they dont care as long as you have told them its accredited. Companies train you, fold and then go into adminstration because they can then you are left with being untrained working on people that could sue with good cause if you had an accident/incident. Also check with the council if derma planning requires a license as i believe it does in some councils. : ))

I thought mines was pricey too, i paid £275 for mines with insync

Was that just to add Dermaplaning to your existing policy?!

Latest posts

Back