Dermaplaning & peel stings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hi

I done a dermaplaning and face peel on myself and when Idone the peel my face stung and felt like it was really burning. I have done the peel few times before but it was the first time with dermaplaning. I used the dermalogica pro peel

I done the following:
Double cleanse
Dermaplaning
Dermalogica one step prep
Dermalogica ultra bright peel
Neutralising solution
Remove with water
Retinal i
Face mask
Tone
Moisturise

it stung as soon as I put the one step prep (this has witch hazel and alcohol)
It also stung with the ultra bright peel (lactic acid)

does anyone have any recommendation on how to preven the stinging so much-what if I done the one step prep and then dermaplaning followed by the peel and neutraliser?

or I read about doing the peel first then the dermaplaning but I though the whole point was it’s best to remove the dead skin with dermaplaning first so the peel goes deeper?

many advice would really be appreciated 🙂

Just want to add- I am a qualified beauty therapist- I am qualified in both treatments but just not done them together before just read they work well together and wanted to try out on myself first 🙂

I would suggest that your skin has become sensitised to the treatment. As you mention, dermaplaning is obviously taking off the surface allowing the peel to penetrate deeper into the newly exposed S. Corneum. As I am sure you are aware over doing it can lead to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and skin barrier dysfunction. Intensive treatments depends also on skin sensitivity, thickness, integrity, cellular build up and Fitzpatrick classification, sometimes we forget to apply this to ourselves when we are excited to try new things !

Latest posts

Back