Dermaplaning training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautlea

Reaction score
Is Dermaplaning training mandatory in UK? My intention is not to cut corners however I am an advanced Microblading practitioner and have over 18 years Beauty industry experience. I have been given an opportunity for in house training on dermaplaning from a therapist friend but obviously won’t gain a certificate. I want to ahere to legislation and already have adiquate insurances.
Many Thanks xLx

Have you asked your insurance company if they’ll insure you to dermaplane? I know some people are struggling to get insurance with training.

I also think that not much training is mandatory. There is so little governing this industry. If your insurance says ok then the rest is irrelevant.

Vic x

Thank You Vic xx

Hi
I am looking to train in Dermaplaning but like you I have over 15 years experience in the industry, am currently doing my Level 4 VTCT and have just done microneedling, skin peels and mesotherapy & fibroblast. I have spent the last 6 months re learning the structure and function of the skin , disorders etc etc but every course I find is half day theory half day practical when I just need practical training. My insurance policy covers it but as there is no regulation it is unclear if i need an accredited certificate or not.

Contact Jane Bryan training... I did a course with her last year and it was brilliant as it was only myself and a dr on the course so she tailored the training day to us understanding that the practical was what we needed rather than going over theory that we both already knew!

You need to be insured under dermaplaning as a treatment itself. It doesn't fall under a different bracket.
My insurance company asked for my certificate to prove I had been properly trained.

Indeed much of the industry is unregulated, not only for dermaplaning. So many will just get on with it, hopefully having seen/assisted a few.

Agree with the above posts that practical experience is essential in dermaplaning as doing it incorrectly can lead to painful cuts in the skin. Whilst things like microneedling commonly is done with local anaesthetic, dermaplaning doesn't usually need this. So your client will feel the scalpel cut!

I do dermaplaning in my day job (shaving some areas before a procedure) and in my clinic. It is not as easy as just scraping the skin to remove peach fuzz and dead skin! The surgical scalpel is super sharp and the wrong pressure/angle will cause a cut. Training, certification and insurance all definitely needed.

Latest posts

Back