Dermaplaning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolas-beauty

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise me on the best products to use on the skin once you have dermaplaned the skin ?

Hi. I can only recommend from my own experience and bias. There are probably a lot out there but i've never had reason to go looking lol.... Being a qualified Aromatherapist and Medical Herbalist (Amongst other things) I invented my own products about 10 years ago. They are 100% Natural. Vegan (People love Vegan nowadays) and cruelty-free. Although they have been tested on Humans. I test them on myself also and I have extremely sensitive skin. It's one of the reasons I actually invented them. Too many E numbers in a lot of commercial products. My products are however only available for professional use only. So you have to be trained to use them. I have a BHA Skin Peel. A High Concentration Vitamin C Moisturiser with Transmembrane carrier. A Vit C spray that we use for Microneedling and a Colloidal Silver Spray that we use as an Antimicrobial. If you'd like more information just drop me a message and I'll send a link to our website.

Hope this helps.

Nicky J Pearce x

I love the clinicare range, I also use the instant painless peel and the masks for a deluxe Dermaplane facial

You can use any rich hyaluronic acid mask.

Another big clinicare fan here

Casmara

Hi - just wondering do you still Casmara and do you buy direct from them or from someone like Ellisons etc ? Many thanks

Not a huge dermaplaning fan (besides for facial hair maintenance), with this treatment being so heavily exfoliating I would personally avoid using chemical exfoliants (whether it be in a serum, peel or other form), fragrance (artificial and essential oils), high percentage actives (think high % Vitamin C), as these can raise the potential for irritation, thus inflammation which is the stem of many skin conditions.

Also, it goes without saying to avoid facial massage/excess facial manupulatin, steam (via steamer or hot mitts) or other heat creating treatments. When I approach a physically exfoliating service, I like to let the client know that this is the core of the session and how we restrict the use of peels, exfoliators and potent actives to avoid irritation. If they want enzymes/chemical peels, we would need to re-visit that at a future session.

I would personally look to simple formulas that have humectants, barrier supporting ingredients, re-fattening ingredients (oils) and occlusives (that provide a nice seal):

- Hyaluronic acid
- ceramides
- urea
- cholesterol
- Niacinamide
- Squalene
- occlusives, like petrolatum, shea butter, silicones
- Sunflower oil, squalene, evening primrose oil

I can't recommend a specific brand to dermaplaning, hopefully you have a brand where you can first remove possibly problematic products first and hone in on formulas with the ingredients listed above.

I see a lot of Cliniccare recs, which I have some experience with, and EVERYTHING has fragrance - so I would avoid, certainly for dermaplaning.

Just keep it simple : )

Latest posts

Back