Dermaquest and Youngblood

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
I am really interested in using Youngblood mineral make-up in the salon, I am awaiting a call from the rep as I type.
Basically what i am asking is if anyone has had any experience in Youngblood make up and what the general thoughts are on this brand.
They are a sister company to Dermaquest skincare so I also wondered if anyone had any experience with Dermaquest and the results etc...

:biggrin:

I cannot answer about Youngblood but I have used DQ. A bit too expensive for my clients ( over £55 for most products each) and I found some of their peels very strong. They went through a lot of reps - I think they were under pressure to meet targets. However some of the products I liked and the ability to offer a different level of treatments was exciting. All in all though it just did not suit my clientele and I no longer offer it. It depend what market you have and what suits you.

Dermaquest and Youngblood are distributed by a UK company called Dermapure. This Skincare is a cosmeceutical brand and it is quite different from most "cosmetic brands" found in most salons. You will find Dermaquest is found in most top "medi Spas" in the uk. I have used both and now use a product called Lira which is also distributed by Dermaquest. I can honestly say I think the results I have achieved using these products has been remarkable. They really are a "results driven" brand opposed to a pampering brand. Products are very scientific and are packed with peptides, stem cells and retinoids.
I would definately recommend them.

We have Youngblood cosmetics in our salon and clients absolutely LOVE the range! The coverage is amazing, all the products are mineral, no animal testing no parabens, no cheap fillers.

Very easy to sell just by doing a free colour match service and letting the clients see it on their skin. They literally glow!

I had a bout of cystic acne last year brought on by stress and Youngblood was the only range that covered and didn't irritate my skin. Beautiful.

As for Dermaquest, I'm a massive fan! My mum had a course of 3 TCA peels with me and the results are astounding. I've attached a picture but not sure if it will work! :D

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 180
I'm also looking at retailing young blood. I have received the samples which seem fab but can't find out much info from other salons therapist that have used the range.

We've recently had a change of reps, our old rep Kelly has switched the areas she manages so our new rep is Leigh. Both lovely and very informed on the brands and products. Depending on where you are you may be included in their areas.

Contact Youngblood for a rep to visit you or locate a salon close to you using their salon finder, perhaps you could give them a call and see how they have found working with Youngblood and DermaQuest.

We absolutely love the products, their ethos fits perfectly within our salon and clients are impressed by the ranges. Its great to have a make-up range that can be used even on the most sensitive, inflamed skins with great coverage and no irritation.

:D

Latest posts

Back