Dermatitis from gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a client having a reaction a day or two after applying soak off gel? My client has told me her doctor diagnosed dermatitis. ??? :-/

I get contact dermatitis to alot of products :(

Are your symptoms splitting pads of finger tips?

I get contact dermatitis from Brisa Lite on my pointer fingers when I'm not careful. It's the gel in combination with alcohol. I need to be very careful about not getting too much on my fingers when I wipe off the tacky layer otherwise they get sore and red around the nails folds and hyponychium area. This only happens when I'm not wearing gloves and I use a non-plastic backed pad.

my clients pads of all fingers went sore and split. Will this be from an ingredient in the gel I use?

Yes the gel could be the cause. It happens to me all the time. I get contact dermatitis from a lot of different products.

Tread with caution with this client, it could get nasty if she keeps coming back. Believe me, the pain can be horrible and I would hate for her to get a bad reaction or even worse, infection and also for her to report you.

I personally have had my fingertip split and peel. I switched to all CND and use Brisa and Shellac. No problems since.

Luckily I know this client before she had nails done. But yes she said her finger tips did feel burning and they have split. I'm doin a removal and all I can really offer her is vinylux now but I think she may go bak to the other girl she was using as it was a different gel. On a positive note she did say that my gel lasted the longest!

Btw, for infomation, I hav had this happen to one other client and I put factor 50 before I start and she has no problems since...!

Latest posts

Back