Designer Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didi

Reaction score
Like most of you I loved the LV design in the nail mag this month - and will be trying to do them myself today.

However i have been asked if i can do the Burberry check and dior designs as well - i certainly dont have an art degree!!!!!! and wondered if anyone had a picture i could copy!!??!!

I looked on the site and can see people have successfully done these designs but because the nail pics aren't that big i cant see them properly - can anyone help??

Would really appreciate it!!!!

Thanks in advance

Di

Hi :)

I've attached 2 pics, one with the Dior nail and one with a Burberyy nail - althought I've seen some far more exciting Burberry ones on Crazy's site http://crazyncreative.tripod.com

If you need them bigger...then zoom into them, it should work.

If you need a step-be-step letme know

xxlaylaxx

Attachments

• brands.JPG
    brands.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 187
  • logo1.JPG
    logo1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 176
LayStar said:

I've attached 2 pics, one with the Dior nail and one with a Burberyy nail - althought I've seen some far more exciting Burberry ones on Crazy's site http://crazyncreative.tripod.com

xxlaylaxx

Never Mind the Burberry and Dior nails Layla,
I love the piglet one :lol: :cool:

LayStar said:

xxlaylaxx

I just knew you would come to my rescue!!!!!!! thank you!

If you could give me a step by step i would really appreciate it and would forever be in your debt!!!!!! :lol:

Di

Lol hey chick

Right..the Dior nail... ;)

* Paint the nail in a transluscent purple polish - mines from Ceteum, number 186, its got multi-coloured glitter in it too :green:

* Using acrylic paint, mix up a dark blue-purple colour, water it down a bit if needed.

* Use a thin brush, and paint a big D in the middle. Inside the D, paint the 'i', leaving half in the D and half out..if yah get what I mean :rolleyes: .

* On the bottom right side of the curve of the D...paint an 'o', so it is joined onto the side of D. Then, paint the 'r', again, on the side of the 'o', so it too is joined.
You're trying to make all the letter join up in a link - no gaps between them.

* Then just repeat this logo randomly over the nail. Finish with top coat to make it superdoopa shiny and it also makes the paint settle more into the polish :lol:

Try finding a pic of the nail or a pic of a Dior logo/sign so you can see how the letters look :)

For the Burberry....

* Paint the nail in a gold-beige colour.

* Take a red colour of acrylic paint or nail varnish (I did mine in all varnish), and make 2 red lines across the top of the nail.

* Paint a creamy white colour in between these red lines.

* Paint 2 black lines down the left side of the nail, so you end up creating a check in the top left corner where all the lines cross over.

* Paint the creamy white in between the black lines too.

* Either leave the check clear or white or do as I do and add a rhinestone in it!!

The Burberry is more versatile, you can do the stripes diagonal, or do more than just 4 lines etc.

Have fun :cool:

xxlaylaxx

THANKYOU!!!! :biggrin:

The Dior nail sounds hard but i am going to give it a good old go!!!!!!

Love

Di

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back