Designing a website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria1705

Reaction score
Hi, about to open a home based treatment room after training at college for two years as a mature student. In order to attract customers I am doing a business page on Facebook and also posting leaflets and hopefully through friends.

I am wondering if it is worth creating a website and if so is it worth paying for someone to do it or designing one for free but to be honest I am not that technical minded lol! I honestly don't have alot of money at moment but was wondering if anyone could advise of approx price and any recommendations. Any help most appreciated

Thanks

Hiya, I created my own website really easily using Wix.com I ended up paying for a few services but all in all for the year it came to roughly £80 and then I also use an online booking system which is just under £10 per month (youcanbook.me) but the free version worked just fine and it links to your Google calendar! I do get quite a few bookings through that! For me it was worth it!

I used wordpress.com when I started. It's free to use and fairly straightforward to set up using their salon templates. A few years down the line, I have now paid about £36 per year to keep adverts off my page as they were getting a bit overwhelming. Still worth it though. If you pay more you can also have it take payments and connect to a booking app.

I think you need to have both website and facebook page working together.
Your website is for your fixed information and then just have one page you update with special offers.
Facebook is more regular weekly posting with product info, photos of your work, special offers etc. You can also share to your local community pages easily.

I use schedul for bookings and a young just start out designer did my website for £250, i just don't have time with work and a toddler to sit for hours to do my own. If you'd like to have a look please do.
Www.innerpeacetherapiesrugby.co.uk
He linked the booking system to it

I use schedul for bookings and a young just start out designer did my website for £250, i just don't have time with work and a toddler to sit for hours to do my own. If you'd like to have a look please do.
Www.innerpeacetherapiesrugby.co.uk
He linked the booking system to it
Thank for your response. I will have a look . Much appreciated

Thank you all

I made a website using Wix and linked my Schedul online booking to it. I think the thing I like best about the self build model is that you can easily and regularly update it.

I'm definitely not a web geek and it did take a while to figure out how to use it but I'm really happy with the final result. Well worth the brain strain. I was warned that self build websites never look as good as professional ones but if you can find the time to tweak and perfect it I think they can look just as good.

Wiz is so easy to use, it has templates to help you out as well

Sorry, that should say wix

Latest posts

Back