Designing Flyers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moanie

Reaction score
After some advice please.
I am in the process of designing some flyers. What do you think is the best way of doing it?
1) list services and put prices.
2) list service and not prices.
3) pad it out with lots of info and get as much on as you can.
4) keep it short and simple with minimum info.
5) use pictures and logo's
6) use both sides of leaflet.
Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks a bunch peeps. xx

Two things - KISS - Keep It Stupid Simple. Add a pic as they speak a thousand words. Here is some more help taken from my article The Sassy Guide to Advertising ...

ADVERT LAYOUT
Firstly give it a catchy headline (it could be your USP), don’t use your business name, have that at the bottom. You need something big and bold to grab their attention (remember our friend AIDA?). Then remember your ad is your shop front. The image you portray in your adverts will be how people perceive you, so keep it professional. Not sure what I mean by this? Open your local YP and pretend you are looking for a hairdresser (or even a nail tech). Study the ads. Which ones attract your attention? And which ones would NOT get your call. This should give you an idea of the style of ad you should be aiming for. Is it the size of it, the picture, the colours, the wording or the layout? What makes it interesting? Bear this in mind when you design your ads - it really does matter. There should be no more than 60% text, and remember a picture speaks a thousand words so include one if you can.

Oh and make sure you proof read ANY ad you do, a typo looks unprofessional, and an incorrect phone number is a catastrophic and costly mistake!

Flossy said:
1) list services and put prices. Yes!
2) list service and not prices.No, I never call if I dont know the price.
3) pad it out with lots of info and get as much on as you can.Too much blurb is a bit boring!
4) keep it short and simple with minimum info. Be to the point, but also discriptive.
5) use pictures and logo's Yes! careful of copyright tho!
6) use both sides of leaflet. Definately!
So there we are, not as good as Sassy's post, but I thought I'd offer my views!
Good Luck xx

Thank you girls. Will re jig some bits and get them printed. cheers for that.

:) I was going to ask the same question, as thinking of sending out some flyers myself. Would you send out A5 size ? Would you offer a special discount for new clients? Thanks :)

hassy has done to a science

Latest posts

Back