Detox Diet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Hmmm not sure about the break from solid food - does the energy come from the sugar then?

2. The Relaxed Version

If you are looking for a more relaxed version of the detox, try substituting either breakfast or dinner (or even better, both) with 2-3 glasses of the Natural Tree Syrup & Lemon Drink. Have a healthy meal at lunchtime but abstain from sweets, processed foods, red meat, fried foods, white bread, refined flour, dairy products, coffee and alcohol. These are all food products that tax our natural digestive/cleansing system and inhibit the body's ability to deal with previously stored toxins and wastes. The relaxed programme works by lengthening the time each night that the body can cleanse. It does however take longer to detox this way, which is why the relaxed version should be done for at least one to two weeks and up to a month. The relaxed programme can also be used as an introduction to the total detox, or as a way of extending it.

I was thinking of trying this one.

Ooh I've heard of this before, but under the "Maple Syrup Diet" name....

I've had a quick look at that website and don't think it would do you any harm, but the body is awfully good at cleansing itself anyway!

I would say an organic diet with loads of fruit/veg/good fats/fibre and some moderate exercise would make you feel all the positive things they've listed on that site though, without the "will make you feel wonderfully light-headed and you may feel a lack of energy and/or will to live at lunchtime when you're tummy's rumbling" side effect :lol:

Ha ha I can't bear not to eat!

I hope you get some replies off peeps who've tried it, would be interesting to hear of their experiences....

Ooh I've heard of this before, but under the "Maple Syrup Diet" name....

I've had a quick look at that website and don't think it would do you any harm, but the body is awfully good at cleansing itself anyway!

I would say an organic diet with loads of fruit/veg/good fats/fibre and some moderate exercise would make you feel all the positive things they've listed on that site though, without the "will make you feel wonderfully light-headed and you may feel a lack of energy and/or will to live at lunchtime when you're tummy's rumbling" side effect :lol:

Ha ha I can't bear not to eat!

I hope you get some replies off peeps who've tried it, would be interesting to hear of their experiences....

Thanks, I do try to eat healthily the majority of the time. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea or headachesville tbh!
I'm not sure exactly what maple syrup tastes like either:eek:

Thanks, I do try to eat healthily the majority of the time. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea or headachesville tbh!

Very sickly and sweet!

At one time I would have tried this, as it would have been more than I was eating anyway... but now I really do need three meals a day or I'm an absolute wreck!

Maple syrup's gorgeous....on belgian waffles! I have it as a treat now and again because it is very sweet and sickly!

IMO, hun, I think they're selling quite a harmless product, but it really is quite similar to just lemon and sugar! Regards the headache thing, it is quite possible you'd get one because you'd get an instant insulin kick from the drink, then your blood sugar would decrease rapidly, which can cause a headache....

From what you said above about perhaps just incorporating it into your daily diet, have you thought about starting the day with the juice of half a lemon with warm water? It's the best thing for flushing you out (especially as you drink it on an empty stomach in the morning) and inxpensive. Tends to get things moving as well, if you know what I mean! I put some aloe vera juice in mine as well, for extra 'flushing' :green:

Thanks for the advice...off to find out where to buy some Aloe Vera juice.
I think I've seen it in Holland and Barratt.
You may well have saved me a few quid, I've not got a sweet tooth either:hug:

Thanks for the advice...off to find out where to buy some Aloe Vera juice.
I think I've seen it in Holland and Barratt.
You may well have saved me a few quid, I've not got a sweet tooth either:hug:

Yep, Holland and Barret is where I get mine from.

It is not the nicest stuff in the world, more of an acquired taste, but you get used to it!

Think they might still have a special offer running on their little bottles (500ml)....down from a fiver to about 2.50.

Happy slurping :green:

It's a load of hype (AKA rubbish) - Detox is a spin word with no real meaning.

Eat mixed veg, some fruit, lean meat, some oily fish, healthy carbs & good fats, drink green tea and your a smoothly running engine anyway.

It says to abstain from meals on there... thats probably one of the worst things you can do.
Your body is built to run on regular meals... missing meals is how you become a thin fat person with a yo yo metabolism promoting fatty deposits.

Latest posts

Back