Devastated! Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
Hi there,

Long time reader, first time poster!

I've just come back from a lady who had Gelish on hands and feet. It was her first time with any gel/uv system.

Feet were perfect. Hands were a total disaster! I had one that wiped off when I went to cleanse at the end. I'd done everything I had done on the other 9 so I don't know why.

And then as I'm applying cuticle oil, I feel a loose thread on one nail under all the Gelish. :sad:

I am absolutely devastated as she was a new client and now I just look like an amateur. I've left her with the loose thread and told her to call me in the morning if it's bothering her. Trouble is, she goes on holiday tomorrow so not ideal for her. I'd already been there two hours because of the nail that wouldn't cure so couldn't sort out the one with the thread.

Will the Gelish lift? Or should she be okay? I feel sick to my stomach about this.

I know prep is really important and am so annoyed at myself.

What is the best way to ensure all the nails, hands and surfaces are clear of everything? Are there any tips anyone could share with me? Any products that you use?

Thanks in advance for reading my long post.

Nemo x

Did you dry brush after curing foundation coat? I was having trouble then when I did the Gelish training day, the Gelish Woman told me it was because I wasn't dry brushing. Since then I've not had any trouble with lifting

It wipes off because application is to thick. It's worse with darker colours bells vampire and night reflection are 2 that can be bad.
Usually it's The little fingers or so we found at the start :S better to do 3 very thin coats if you need to.

all them lint free wipes arnt lint free.i was always having to pull threads off the nail because of them. harmony now have sponge wipes which are great or for a cheaper alternative use cut up squares of kitchen towel.

Sponge wipes! I'll order some of them as I think that would really help.

Thank you all for your advice x

It's horrible when Gelish goes bad... I get 25 mins to do a full gelish at my place of work... It's ok when the cuticles and nails are in good condition but really means you don't get the time to do prep properly.....

Had a client wanting a dark colour, loads of prep needed etc... Needless to say the finish result was not my best...gutted... Feel like my standards are being compromised to keep within allotted time.... Really really makes me angry and sad...

Try not to let this experience get the better of you...:hug:

When it wipes off, it could also be the light wasn't hitting that nail correctly so always check finger placement. I find it with little fingers and middle fingers if the hand is too far in. Hope that helps.

It's horrible when Gelish goes bad... I get 25 mins to do a full gelish at my place of work... It's ok when the cuticles and nails are in good condition but really means you don't get the time to do prep properly.....

Had a client wanting a dark colour, loads of prep needed etc... Needless to say the finish result was not my best...gutted... Feel like my standards are being compromised to keep within allotted time.... Really really makes me angry and sad...

Try not to let this experience get the better of you...:hug:

Well done you for even managing it at all in this time! Sometimes i haven't even finished prep in this time and when i went on my course the educator said it takes them 30mins! Know what you mean though i have been doing gelish since sept and some go better than others, chin up hun we all go through it xx

I know this sounds kind of basic, but something the educator on my Gelish course told us to watch out for was clients chatting away and not putting all fingers under the lamp!

Then when you Cleanse....bye bye beautiful Gelish!

Latest posts

Back