Devastating Bank Holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon we had to take our eldest Lancashire Heeler to the Vets as her leg swelled up and she could hardly walk, we were told that the Cancer she has been battling for 5 years was finally overtaking her, we had to do the only thing we could for her we couldn't bear to see her so unhappy and in pain, the Vet was in full agreement and Dottie was allowed to go to sleep with dignity in our arms.

She was always such a lively little girl full of fun and life, it was so hard to watch her struggling, knowing she was in pain. We have treasured every day of the 12+ years we have shared with her. When she was diagnosed with the Cancer we always promised her that we would never let her suffer, hopefully we haven't.

The strange thing is that my Dad died May Bank Holiday Monday 5 years ago and now Dottie has been given eternal rest on exactly the same day.

It is really hard at home as Dotties son and daughter Mr Bean and Emma, and even little Meg are looking for Dottie none of them have ever known a day without her. We have tried explaining to them but how much they truly understand who knows, they like us will mourn the passing of their Mum and Grandma in their own ways. I am sure in time they will also remember all the happy times we have all shared together, but until then we will help them all we can just as they will help us get through this most awful of times.

R.I.P Dottie (Patterjo Polka at Pennijar) our beloved Little Lancashire Heeler 24.08.94 - 07.05.07

I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you but I really needed to talk to someone about this the saddest of days. I have changed my Avatar in Memory of Dottie this piccy shows her at her happiest playing in the snow in her younger days.

Joan

sorry to hear your news, what a horrible weekend for you. But at least you can take a little comfort in knowing that there is no more suffering and pain.

take care.:hug:

sorry to hear your news:hug:

AWwwwww sorry to hear what you have had to deal with over the Bank Holiday. [[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]

Love to you Joan xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear this Joan - I know what it is like to lose a dog and that you treat them like your own children. :hug:

Oh Joan I really feel for you, big :hug: from me and a big sloppy kiss from Max and Tristan xxx

Joan I know the pain you must be feeling xxxxx :hug:

Im so sorry Joan, I know how you feel. Thank G-d you could end her suffering for her. My little pincher had a growth removed from her cheek about 2 years back. Thinking of you and sending you :hug: :hug:

Bless her, at least shes not in pain.You have done the right thing.Thinking of you xxxx

I know how you feel, I have been in the same position several times.
It is good to see a pic of happier times, take care :hug::hug:

So sorry Joan :hug:

So sorry to hear your news :hug:

As soon as I saw the title I knew what had happened.

Oh you poor things, so sorry to hear what has happened. She is at peace now and painfree. You made the right decision hun.

Rachel xxxx

:hug:'s to you Joan xx

Sorry to hear your sad news, big hugs to you & the family, I know its hard. :hug: :hug:

:hug: to you xxx

aww you poor thing , but its better to let her sleep than to be in pain , sending you a :hug: xxx

Lotsa these :hug: :hug: :hug: for you.

You are all so kind, thank you for your kind words and support at this hard time, we are missing Dottie terribly it is still hard to believe she is no longer here with us, it is really hard for Mr Bean, Emma and Meggie they all look so sorry for themselves, Emma has hardly come out of Dotties house, only for the odd cuddle or two, Meggie and Mr Bean just look as though their world has ended. I know time is a great healer and things will improve as the days go by. Dottie was a big part of our lives for over 12 years so imagining just one day without her is unbearable.

I know we have got through everything else and I know we will get through this as well, we have so many memories of our times with Dottie we will treasure each and every one and we will find someway of her Memory living on.

Once again Thanks for being there.

Joan

Latest posts

Back