Dia Light formulating help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenrysch2019

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to formulate for a strawberry blonde using dia light!
could someone help me with this?!
I only have dia light not dia richesse!
Hair is pre lightened!
Picture included for what I am aiming for!
48B65D81-321B-4BD6-87BA-E75046B72D77.jpeg

Hello! I am trying to formulate for a strawberry blonde using dia light!
could someone help me with this?!
I only have dia light not dia richesse!
Hair is pre lightened!
Picture included for what I am aiming for!
View attachment 211874
It looks multi toned yo me. So I'd probably say roots and deeper /richer pieces would be 8GC + a small amount of 7CG.
Then lighter pieces I'd do 1 part 7CG + 4parts 10BV.
I don't use dialight but I converted it from what I would normally use, so maybe strand test just incase :)

It looks multi toned yo me. So I'd probably say roots and deeper /richer pieces would be 8GC + a small amount of 7CG.
I don't use dialight but I converted it from what I would normally use, so maybe strand test just incase :)
thank you! Doing a strand test now!

Agree with @ronray the overall tone for me sits around an 8.34. It looks slightly muted to me so I'd be inclined to dilute it with some neutral 9. Darker areas I would add some 7.4 into the mixture.

Would be interesting to see the results of your strand tests if you are able to post them!

alright. I pre lightened and started with the first pic.. very yellow. (Thank you hard water...)

I did 1 part 7.43 and 4 parts 10.12 with 6 vol.
left on for 30 minutes and pulled a bit too much copper for my liking
So while in the shampoo bowl I did a quick tone down with 9.21 for 10 minutes and got this beautiful color! ❤️
What do you all think?!

3D8DAA52-1219-4B2F-9326-CDC3A85741D1.jpeg

9CD6D24B-811B-4F24-98B2-4D0DD0E76DFE.jpeg

Agree with @ronray the overall tone for me sits around an 8.34. It looks slightly muted to me so I'd be inclined to dilute it with some neutral 9. Darker areas I would add some 7.4 into the mixture.

Would be interesting to see the results of your strand tests if you are able to post them!
Check out the results!
Whatcha think?

Check out the results!

Latest posts

Back