diabetes medication => cause lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I have taken over a month or 2 ago customers of another technician. One of the customers constantly lost her nails and said that they started to lift so she took them of herself * i go nuts when someone does that :grr:¨
ANYWAY..
I started to ask her what she did with them and if she took medication. Then she explained that she has diabetes and takes medication for it. Could this be the cause of her problems since i have no other clue what it could be.

I am always very precise in my prep and think that my mix ratio is good since i have no other probs like hers.

Hi,

I have taken over a month or 2 ago customers of another technician. One of the customers constantly lost her nails and said that they started to lift so she took them of herself * i go nuts when someone does that :grr:¨
ANYWAY..
I started to ask her what she did with them and if she took medication. Then she explained that she has diabetes and takes medication for it. Could this be the cause of her problems since i have no other clue what it could be.

I am always very precise in my prep and think that my mix ratio is good since i have no other probs like hers.

If she is having a problem wearing enhancements, it is more likely her general state of health than the medication she is taking.

The general health of the nails plays a huge part in how well a person wears enhancements.

If the client's health is not good (for whatever reason) then this can have an effect on how well any enhancement product adheres to the plate.

I had a client who's nails were perfect from 1 appointment to the next (4 weeks). The suddenly after about 18months, she started having problems, lifting, big time, and lots of breakages.

We had a chat about her generally and it came to light that she had started on a course of steroids and other medication. We persevered for 2 more appointments and I prepped & scrubfreshed, nail freshed & primed, but her problems remained.

We decided to leave her enhanccements off until her health & medication changed.

She rang me last week & is coming back as she's off the tablets, so we are going to try again!

I suggested she just had a trial nail, but she wants htem all back!:lol:

I'm wondering if this is happening to your client too.

Good luck with it hun xx

My Mom was a type 1 diabetic all her life. She never had problems with her enhancements until she fell very ill. I still did her nails for her because she really enjoyed them. I told her that I would try gel instead of L&P just to see if she got on with them a bit better while she was ill. Sadly I never got to try them on her but you could always try a nail or two out with a different system just to see.

my mum is a diabetic and she injects 3 or 4 times a day.
she does not have any lifting problems.

unless she has been cleaning out her fishpond :lol:

Maybe she's just rough on her nails then ...?
She did took them all off *after 15 min. first claiming she didn,t*even after telling her that she should come incase she has problems after 1 week as she claims.

It,s always funny that they claim that they started to loosen up that badly after one week that they all fell off. When i tell them come and show me they never show up untill 3/4weeks later.

Well i really appreciate the help and kind of ruling out that the medication could have been to blame.

:hug: Thx for helping me out...again

Latest posts

Back