Diabetic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
:confused: I have a client who is bringing her mum tomorrow for a deluxe manicure, not sure yet if she wants the Solar Manicure or Spa manicure, her daughter has asked me if her mum is okay to have this treatment as she is diabetic, pardon my ignorance but I didnt know what to say. Can anyone help with this request she will be here at 10.00 am Friday,

Thanks
Carol(Cottage Nails) :confused:

Whew!! glad I spotted this post before your 10:00 appointment.

If a client is diabetic, it does not contraindicate a manicure.

You must be very gentle and careful not to abrade or cut the skin around the nailplate ... diabetics have very poor circulation in their hands and feet and healing is a slow process and wounds can becme badly infected very easily.

As an illness, diabetes is very well managed these days and normally diabetics lead very normal lives (my mother had this condition so I know it well). Just take care and let your client know you are taking care.

As nail technicians we should treat all clients as if they were diabetic and maybe there would be less willfull damage done to nails.

Thankyou so much for the reply, I am very grateful, could I just ask one more thing, is it ok to have a warm wax dip and heated mittens, I just want to make sure I make no mistakes. :)

Thanks very much
Carol (Cotage Nails)

I have half an hour to go does anyone else know if warm wax and mitts are okay to use on a diabetic lady.

Thanks
Carol :eek:

As Geeg said not to cut the skin is your primary concern with a Diabetic but, I think Mitts will be ok. Have you tried using the search facility to see if this has come up before?
Sorry cant be of more help.... Didnt want you to think your pleas were being ignored, xx.

hi hun just wondering how you went with the diabetic client , ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back