Dialight only to be mixed with diactivateur?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justqualified78

Reaction score
hi geeks,

Just a quick question. A hairdresser friend of mine would like to know whether you can mix Dialight toners with a different brand 10vol peroxide. I told her that I personally wouldn't, just stick to 9vol diactivateur but wondered if anyone tried it and if it worked?
Thanks for replies.

Yes it develop a colour, but you won't get the best performance with the product. Peroxide is only one ingredient of the diactivateur- I have personally tested generic sallys peroxide and the pH was far more alkaline than L'Oreal oxydant. Users often report poor coverage and scalp irritation using generic developers, and beside you are being professional.

Also dialight toners only usually need the 6vol :) x

hi geeks,

Just a quick question. A hairdresser friend of mine would like to know whether you can mix Dialight toners with a different brand 10vol peroxide. I told her that I personally wouldn't, just stick to 9vol diactivateur but wondered if anyone tried it and if it worked?
Thanks for replies.

Tell your 'friend',
......if a jobs worth doing...it's worth doing well.........:)

Thanks for message red star, that's exactly what I said to her, I think she just doesn't want to by the more expensive diactivateur.
Anyone who can actually advise on the above?
Or I can just tell her again to buy the special stuff.

Thanks for message red star, that's exactly what I said to her, I think she just doesn't want to by the more expensive diactivateur.
Anyone who can actually advise on the above?
Or I can just tell her again to buy the special stuff.

Yep.......she should buy the appropriate activator....and price her service accordingly.

Thanks for advice adamlea87 it was helpful even for myself as I use diactivateur myself with dialight toners and last time I used 9vol and grabbed really quickly so next time will just use 6vol.
Cheers x

Latest posts

Back