Did anyone see last night's Eastenders?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
Did anyone see last nights Eastenders? the character Lola got a job in the beauty salon, she was doing a manicure on a 'client' completely untrained and unqualified, very unrealistic :eek:

By today's standards I think that's probably about right:)

With her daughter next to her talking about her personal life in detail like that while doing a treatment! And the wiping product all over the baby's face while during a treatment. I was cringing so much.

My husband actually commented on it, his words were "as if, and what manager would allow a baby in a salon, and no qualifications?"

It's become stupid. I have a friend who is a social worker dealing with young single parents and she says Eastenders has caused her no end of hassle and no end of young mothers stress and worry. She would never have been taken off Lola in the first place without it being a long process involving court cases and she certainly wouldn't have had any real social work involve by in the first place! My friend says that she has worked for years to gain the trust of young mothers and this one story line has resulted in poor, young, frightened family's making her life difficult due to Mis placed fear that she is a baby stealer :(

Holby city is the one that makes me laugh I bet real drs and nurses have a right cringe.

Holby city is the one that makes me laugh I bet real drs and nurses have a right cringe.

Whenever i watch that programme it makes me laugh, the way they talk and judge their patients and argue with them... as if!

If these programmes wish to do these story lines then they need to do them properly. As if Phil Mitchell would get custody of the bubba with his record lmao! Social workers are always played in such a bad light too on these programmes. Years ago when i had to train in child protection they highlighted the ridiculousness of these soaps as the first thing they try and do is keep the baby with the mother or at least with another family member, it really is a last resort, unless the child is in danger, to take the child away from the parents.

Soaps are a bit like journalism these days, lack of facts and all sensationalism. :irked:

I heard that actually the comedy "Scrubs" is the most realistic when it comes to hospital programmes!

Eastenders is silly and makes me cringe but you'll still find me sitting there without fail to watch! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Please do not get me started on Casualty/Holby etc etc. It drives me to beyond! So totally unrealistic to the point that I will not watch Holby. I could pick so many examples, but will choose just one for now...CPR.

Right, I need to leave this thread!

I saw eastenders and yep totally unprofessional , the only soap which can deal with relevant issues to me is hollyoaks X

Hollyoaks is annoying though, because all the girls in it are size 8's and beautiful, it's unrealistic in that way. Although I don't watch it anymore so I'm not sure.

Bianca being banged up for a few months & coming out a fully qualified hairdresser is the one that gets me lol x

Bianca being banged up for a few months & coming out a fully qualified hairdresser is the one that gets me lol x

This however doesn't surprise me, you should see the qualifications they can get in prison now days!!!!
My friends uncle was released last year and in prison he became a fully qualified gym Instructor and is working for a very well known gym now! He's told me they was offered all sorts in there, he even retook his maths and English :/ xx

The first thing I thaught of with Lola putting that on the baby was "reaction! Reaction!" That baby will get a reaction and the social worker will see it and they will all get into trouble! What if it was xuticle remover or something like that! I suppose that's just my way of thinking as a therapist lol x

Please do not get me started on Casualty/Holby etc etc. It drives me to beyond! So totally unrealistic to the point that I will not watch Holby. I could pick so many examples, but will choose just one for now...CPR.

Right, I need to leave this thread!

We call it Holby Sh*tty!! Lol

Also in the soap salons it looks like someone's bought the clearance isle in Sally's! A load of random miss matched products! But I'm sure the general public take it all with a pinch of salt! Lol

The first thing I thaught of with Lola putting that on the baby was "reaction! Reaction!" That baby will get a reaction and the social worker will see it and they will all get into trouble! What if it was xuticle remover or something like that! I suppose that's just my way of thinking as a therapist lol x

I'm not a therapist but I thought the exact same thing x

I think gaining qualifications inside are great :) sets you on the right track to gainful employment and means your less likely to be out stealing xoxo

I think gaining qualifications inside are great :) sets you on the right track to gainful employment and means your less likely to be out stealing xoxo

I agree! It's great to give people something to aim for and give them a sense of achievement. Only thing is in soaps, they qualify in 5 minutes and are working in professional salons straight away! It wouldn't bother me if a hairdresser or beauty therapist was in prison but I would feel uncomfortable if they had only been studying a few months and is suddenly fully qualified! Xxx

Nice of you to say this I couldn't agree more.My dad was released from prison in November he was in for 2 and a half years and rightly so.

He out with more qualifications than you can shake a stick at lol,he's got a degree in art he's got a degree in computers,he was a drug and alcohol councillor.He is a very intelligent man his IQ isn't far off vordamans so clever.

Shame he didnt put it to good use before he got nicked lol.:)

I agree with the soap thing it is far fetched.

Lola wouldn't have had her kid taken away not in a million years.Drug addicts get to keep there kids in most incidences.

The bianca thing yes she would have come out probably a qualified hairdresser.They offer prisoners lots of courses these days.

We must remember ladies that it's only a programme lmao.I just can't help being sucked in though lol.x

Latest posts

Back