Did I do the right thing? Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeBakeLover99

Reaction score
I was hoping someone can help me with this. My uncle was looking to get a back massage from me next week, however in the past, he has had an operation on the artery in his neck leading to his brain. This was because of blood clots etc and has in the past had strokes because of this. This sounds a tad scary to me tbh and didn't think it would be a good idea to carry this out, without his gp saying this was ok. I know it's my uncle etc but I don't think its worth the risk, for peace of mind...and my insurance. Ahh I explained this to him, and he seemed a bit annoyed to be honest and said he would just leave it as it would cost him money to get a doctors note??? He also said at the physiotherapist, they had carried out massage manipulations on this area and he was fine. Have I done the right thing?? or would you go ahead with it anyway?

I feel a bit sad that I have lost him as a client, but rather that than a stroke on my massage bed :-S

I wouldn't have done it without a GP note. I'm willing to bet your insurance company will have said the same...

Thanks hun, that makes me feel better lol. I feel like he just thinks im just making it all up so i don't have to do it. I have my list of contra-indications for each treatment, but its when you get stuff that arent on it, but you feel you shouldn't do it. I had another family member asking for one also.grr family lol but she said she has seizures sometimes and massage helps them? errmm no. I asked her to get a doctors note also and she was like "haha its quite funny having to get me to get a doctors note to cover your ass while you make my back feel better." Cheeky :-( xxxx

Latest posts

Back