Did I do the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Ok, so I just had a client for a spray tan and she wasn't happy with the solution I used (moroccan tan 10%) as it wasn't dark enough for her. I was unsure what to do and suggested she showered off what she had one and we respray. She chose not to shower and asked me to spray her over with the higher solution.

I explained that the colour may not develop to it's full potential as she is wearing 2 different solutions. I suggested that she should start exfoliating in about 3 days due to the build up so it can fade off smoothly.

I am just worried that I done the wrong thing as if i'm honest I really didn't know what to do! Can anyone advise what the best option should've been just in case this happens to me again.

Thank you

I don't understand- didn't she agree to the 10% before it was sprayed or do you mean she wasnt happy with the guide colour straight after spraying?

Did you explain that all she sees straight away is the guide colour & thats no reflection on what the developed outcome will be? That will end up washed down the drain in 2-4 hours anyway....

I use Moroccan Tan & carry all of the Original range. I would have prob refused to respray her until the colour had fully developed (ie the next day) as chances are it would develop different & if shes still unhappy she would have to pay for a respraying, (especially if it was a mobile app- if it was a salon based one and she came to me I might be more lenient and discount a bit, but thats a maybe lol) but I do a through consultation before hand and discuss what outcome they are expecting so theres less chance of them changing their mind halfway though/afterwards.

I am a grumpy old mare though <3 xx

I tell the client that what they can see now is only the guide colour, a make up that is there for you to see where you have sprayed and not an indication of how light or dark the tan will go.
You should have determine the best solution & percent for the client in your consultation and once you have decided you stick to your decision because you are the trained one who knows what product to use.
I would not have sprayed two coats of different percent solutions on a client at the same time as you are overloading the skin with DHA as you have already applied enough after one application.
Now it is done try not to worry about it though, you warned her that a double spray may cause bad fade of and she chose to go ahead so now it is in her hands.

Hey guys,

Thank you for responding.

She made it clear to me that she didn't want to be "dark" and last time she had a spray tan she went orange. She wasn't pale so I said let's do the 10% which she agreed to and she is planning to rebook me next week so I said if this colour is too light or dark we can do a different percentage next week. This she also agreed to.

Yes, it was the guide colour that she wasn't happy with and yes I explained that it was a guide and once she rinses off it will continue to develop. I agree I probably shouldn't have sprayed her twice but you live and learn aye.

At least I know she won't turn out orange!! Do you think the tan will take longer to fade off now?

Are there still orange tans about lol? I had a very dodgy orange tan once , about 7 years ago mind.... I do think tans have come a long way since and I must admit i've never found MT to be orange so it should be fine :)

When I've (very badly) attempted to spray myself & have applied too much the only thing Ive found is that dries my skin out, theres no change to the colour that develops but in places my skin looks dry & it comes off quicker, but if you warned her & she still insisted theres not much you can do really. Get her scrubbing around day 3 to help it fade evenly & tell hernext time to listen to you lol xx

I had 2 clients last week that had spray tans elsewhere using st tropez and they both looked orange to me!! Thier faces [emoji33]
One of the clients actually said herself she didn't like it and even her toenails were orange! Oh dear!

Yeah I gave her the best advice possible in terms of exfoliating after day 3.

At least I know for next time. I need to learn to be more firm though lol.

Latest posts

Back